Read and download NCERT Class 6 EVS Reducing wastage of food chapter in NCERT book for Class 6 Environmental Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks for 2022 chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Environmental Studies textbook for Class 6 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 6 Environmental Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
Reducing Wastage Of Food Class 6 Environmental Studies NCERT
Class 6 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Reducing Wastage Of Food in standard 6. This NCERT Book for Grade 6 Environmental Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Reducing Wastage Of Food NCERT Class 6
1. Reducing wastage of food Objective
It is commonly observed that food is wasted/thrown away in many households, hotels, restaurants, parties, etc. This wastage could be reduced if proper practices are followed during preparation and serving of food. It is important that each one of us tries to reduce wastage of food on every occasion.
1. Select a place of study according to your convenience. This could be your home, a party or a celebration, etc. If you decide to do this exercise at home, note your observations for at least three days.
2. Decide a convenient measure to estimate the quantity of wastage. This could be a bowl or number of pieces depending on the type of dish.
3. Enter your observations in the given table
4. To find out the reason for the wastage, talk to the people who decide the quantity of food to be prepared. Also talk to the people who prepare the food, who serve it, who eat it, and those who waste it.
Write a short report giving reasons for the wastage of food. Suggest measures to reduce the wastage.
1. Try to spread the message that food should not be wasted.
2. Try to find out what does a restaurant do with the surplus food or food that is left unconsumed in the plate or serving dishes.
3. Find out what is done with the food that is wasted in the home and food that is surplus.
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 6 EVS Reducing wastage of food