Read and download NCERT Class 6 EVS Getting to know trees chapter in NCERT book for Class 6 Environmental Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks for 2022 chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Environmental Studies textbook for Class 6 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 6 Environmental Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
Getting To Know Trees Class 6 Environmental Studies NCERT
Class 6 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Getting To Know Trees in standard 6. This NCERT Book for Grade 6 Environmental Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Getting To Know Trees NCERT Class 6
3. Getting to know trees Objectives
There are many trees in our surroundings. But often we are unable to name them and we are also not aware of their usefulness.
1. Identify how many different types of trees are there in your school/colony. Make a list of all those trees.
2. Take the help of your elders/teachers to find out their names and their usefulness.
3. Usefulness of trees may include their medicinal/food value, timber, firewood, shelter for birds and other animals.
Prepare a chart with drawings/photographs about these trees and display it in your class or school notice board. Project Book in Environmental Education
1. Prepare a small skit on the theme “Don’t Cut Me”.
2. Find out about the social, religious and cultural significance of trees to us.
3. Prepare a list of trees in your locality where birds come very frequently. Try to find out why they come to these trees and not to others.
4. Observe which part of the tree a particular kind of bird frequents.
5. Observe the different kinds of insects that you see on different trees.
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 6 EVS Getting to know trees