Read and download NCERT Class 6 EVS Controlling vehicular pollution chapter in NCERT book for Class 6 Environmental Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks for 2022 chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Environmental Studies textbook for Class 6 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 6 Environmental Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
Controlling Vehicular Pollution Class 6 Environmental Studies NCERT
Class 6 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Controlling Vehicular Pollution in standard 6. This NCERT Book for Grade 6 Environmental Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Controlling Vehicular Pollution NCERT Class 6
6. Controlling vehicular pollution
The number of petrol/diesel driven vehicles on roads in cities as well as in rural areas is increasing every day. The gases released in the air by the exhaust of such vehicles or automobiles contain certain gases and particulate matter that are a health hazard. Exhaust gases from automobiles are one of the worst pollutants of air. The air pollution due to vehicles can be reduced by improving the quality of engines and proper maintenance. The government has prescribed certain norms for manufacturers of automobiles. Only such engines can be fitted on automobiles which meet the prescribed norms for level of pollutants in exhaust gases. Vehicle owners are also expected to keep pollution under control. This can be done by proper maintenance of vehicles. Pollution levels are measured at pollution checking centres. If the level of pollutants is found within prescribed limits, a certificate of ‘Pollution Under Control’ is issued to the vehicle owner.
1. Visit a pollution checking booth. Find out what are the components of the exhaust they measure.
2. Try to find out roughly what percentage of vehicles fail to meet the prescribed standards.
3. Find out how each one of the polluting gases affect our health and damage the environment.
Prepare a report on your findings.
1. Prepare charts to campaign for reducing vehicular pollution.
2. Find out how many people in your locality get the pollution check done for their vehicles. If you come across people who have not got it done, find out reasons as to why this is so.
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 6 EVS Controlling vehicular pollution