CBSE Class 9 Science VBQs. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. Value based questions are now being given in Class 9 Science exams to promote morals and values in students, Students should read and understand the following VBQs to get better understanding and score good marks in exams. Learn the VBQs and get good marks in exams.
Chapter – 3 ATOMS AND MOLECULES
An old man and a scientist were talking about a deserted house. The old man was sure that it was haunted by ghosts, but the scientist discarded the view saying no one had ever seen a ghost. The old man was annoyed and challenged the scientist about existence of atoms, sub-atomic particles which also could not be seen.
· Name the three sub-atomic particles and their discoverers.
· Whose viewpoint do you support and why?
An activity was conducted in a classroom where students held placards with symbols and valency of the elements separately. Each student held two placards, one with the symbol in the right hand and other with the valency in the left hand.
· Which placards will be required for formation of sodium chloride ( both symbol as well as valency).
· Which qualities are required in the student to perform such a group activity?
Two class IX students, Kaveri and Nalin, were asked to take 5.3 g of sodium carbonate and 6g of ethanoic acid to make 2.2g of carbon dioxide, 0.9g of water and 8.2 g of sodium ethanoate. Kaveri followed the instructions but Nalin took the chemicals without measuring their amounts.
· Whose activity do you think will be in agreement with the law of ``Conservation of mass''?
· State the law of ``Conservation of mass''.
· Whose method do you like and why?
Raghu and Vansh were performing an activity related to conservation of mass in chemistry lab of their school. They mixed a solution of barium chloride and sodium sulphate. Raghu suggested that as they already knew the amount of both compounds taken by them, they need not to measure the amount of final solution. On the contrary, Vansh insisted to measure the amount of final solution, which had barium sulphate and sodium chloride. Atomic mass of ions: Ba 2+ = 137 units, Cl - = 35.5 units, Na + = 23 units, S2 - = 32units, O2 - = 16 units.
· Determine the molecular mass of
a) Barium chloride
b) Barium sulphate
c) Sodium sulphate
d) Sodium chloride
· Comment on Vansh's Insistence to complete the activity.
Please refer to the link below for CBSE Class 9 Science VBQs