NCERT Solutions Class 6 English A Game of Chance with answers available in Pdf for free download. The NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English with answers have been prepared as per the latest syllabus, NCERT books and examination pattern suggested in Standard 6 by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. Solutions to questions given in NCERT book for Class 6 English are an important part of exams for Grade 6 English and if practiced properly can help you to get higher marks. Refer to more Chapter-wise Solutions for NCERT Class 6 English and also download more latest study material for all subjects
A Game of Chance Class 6 NCERT Solutions
Class 6 English students should refer to the following NCERT questions with answers for A Game of Chance in standard 6. These NCERT Solutions with answers for Grade 6 English will come in exams and help you to score good marks
A Game of Chance NCERT Solutions Class 6
Page No: 103 - Working with Text
A. Complete the following sentences from memory choosing a phrase from those given in brackets.
1. __________________________ was held at the time of the Eid festival. (A big show, A big fair, A big competition)
Answer: A big fair
2. Tradesmen came to the village with all kinds of goods ____________ . (to display, to buy, to sell)
Answer: to sell
3. Uncle told me ____________ while he was away. (not to buy anything, not to go anywhere, not to talk to anyone)
Answer: not to buy anything
4. The owner of the Lucky Shop wanted everybody present ______________ . (to play the game, to win a prize, to try their luck)
Answer: to try their luck
5. The first time I took a chance I got __________________________–__ . (a bottle of ink, two pencils, a trifle)
Answer: two pencils
6. Uncle told me that the shopkeeper had made ________________. (a fool of me, a good profit, friends with many people)
Answer: a fool of me
Page no: 104
B. Answer the following questions.
1. Why do you think Rasheed’s uncle asked him not to buy anything in his absence?
Answer - Rasheed’s uncle asked him not to buy anything in his absence because he knew that the shopkeepers would cheat him.
2. Why was the shop called ‘Lucky Shop’?
Answer - The shop was called Lucky Shop because everybody can try their luck.
3. An old man won a clock and sold it back to the shopkeeper. How much money did he make? (5)
Answer - The old man made 15 rupees by selling the clock back to the shopkeeper.
4. How many prizes did the boy win? What were they?
Answer - The boy won four prizes. They were a comb, a fountain pen, a wristwatch and a table lamp.
5. Why was Rasheed upset?
Answer - Rasheed was upset because he had hopes of winning a big prize and he continued trying his luck again and again. But every time he got a trifle. People were looking at him and laughing at his bad luck, but no one showed any sympathy. He played till he finished all his money.
6. In what way did the shopkeeper make a fool of Rasheed?
Answer - The shopkeeper played tricks to tempt to try his luck by making him believe that it was luck that got the old man and the boy their prizes but in reality they were friends of the shopkeeper. Therefore, Rasheed tried his luck again and again but only got some cheap things which he sold back to the shopkeeper and lost all his money.
Working with Language
I. The words given against the sentences below can be used both as nouns and verbs. Use them appropriately to fill in the blanks.
1. (i) The two teams have __________ three matches already. (play)
(ii) The last day’s ________ was excellent.
2. (i) She has a lovely __________ . (face)
(ii) India __________ a number of problems these days.
Answer: is facing
3. (i) He made his ____________ in essay-writing.(mark)
(ii) Articles __________ ‘sold’ are reserved.
4. (i) The police are __________ the area to catch the burglars. (comb)
(ii) An ordinary plastic __________ costs five rupees.
5. (i) He gave a __________ in answer to my question. (smile)
(ii) We also __________ to see him smile.
6. (i) He said he __________ to be invited to the party. (hope)
(ii) We gave up ____________ of his joining the party.
7. (i) The boys put up a good athletic __________ . (show)
(ii) The soldiers __________ great courage in saving people from floods.
8. (i) You deserve a __________ on the back for your good performance. (pat)
(ii) The teacher ________ the child on the cheek to encourage her.
Page No: 105
B. Notice the use of ‘there’ in the following sentences.
There was a big crowd at the fair.
There were many things I’d have liked to buy.
Now rewrite the following sentences using ‘there’ in the beginning. Look at the following examples.
I can do nothing to help you.
There is nothing I can do to help you.
A man at the door is asking to see you.
There is a man at the door asking to see you.
1. This park has beautiful roses.
Answer: There are beautiful roses in this park.
2. Your story has no fun in it.
Answer: There is no fun in your story.
3. We have no secrets between us.
Answer: There are no secrets between us.
4. My village has two primary schools.
Answer: There are two primary schools in my village.
5. This problem can be solved in two ways.
Answer: There are two ways to solve this problem.
Page No: 106
C. Fill in the blanks in the paragraph below with words from the box.
huge - big - foolish - interesting - tiny - unlucky - last
There was a ________ Eid fair in our village. We could buy anything from a __________ toy to a ________ camel. I went to the fair on its ________ day with Uncle and Bhaiya. We went to the Lucky Shop. It was very ________ . I tried my luck but did not win any prize. Later, Uncle told me that I was more ________ than ________ .
Answer - There was a big Eid fair in our village. We could buy anything from a tiny toy to a huge camel. I went to the fair on its last day with Uncle and Bhaiya. We went to the lucky shop. It was veryinteresting. I tried my luck but did not win any prize. Later uncle told me that I was more foolish than unlucky.
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Who Did Patricks Homework|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English How the Dog found himself new master|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Taros Reward and The Quarrel Honeysuckle English|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English An Indian American In Space|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English A Different Kind of School|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Who I am|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Fair Play|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English A Game of Chance|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English Desert Animals|
|NCERT Solutions Class 6 English The Banyan Tree|