Read and download NCERT Class 9 EVS Our household service providers chapter in NCERT book for Class 9 Environmental Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Environmental Studies textbook for Class 9 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 9 Environmental Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
NCERT Book for Class 9 Environmental Studies Our Household Service Providers
Class 9 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Our Household Service Providers in standard 9. This NCERT Book for Grade 9 Environmental Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Our Household Service Providers NCERT Book Class 9
5. Our household service providers
All of us know about the various basic service providers and helping hands without whom our lives would be very difficult. The mechanic who fixes electrical appliances, water lines; the mason who constructs houses for living; the vendors who bring things of requirement are some of the very important household service providers. There are also others like doctors, engineers, lawyers, teachers, shopkeepers and domestic workers whose services are very important.
This can be a group project. The class can be divided into groups and collect data from different service providers based on the given questionnaire.
1. What is the average income of the family?
2. Do they have any additional source of income?
3. What type of house do they live in?
4. Are water, electricity and other amenities available to them?
5. How do they go to their workplace?
6. How many hours do they work in a day?
7. What are the major occupational hazards and difficulties they face?
8. Do they enjoy a weekly off ?
9. How do they spend their leisure time?
10. Who takes care of the children in case the mother is also working?
11. What about their children’s education?
Based on the data collected, prepare a brief report.
Reports can also be shared with other classes of your school.
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 9 EVS Our household service providers