NCERT Class 11 Heritage Crafts Natural Fibers.Download NCERT Chapters and Books in pdf format. Easy to print and read. Copies of these textbooks may be downloaded and used as textbooks or for reference. Refer to other chapters and books at other links (NCERT now providing you soft copies of all textbooks of all subjects from class first to twelfth online).
1. All cultivated plant materials as well as those found in the wild in our forests are potentially renewable resources that can be used for a large number of applications if their use by humans is moderated in a sustainable manner. Compare and apply the principle of sustainability in three craft traditions ó stone, metal and natural fibre.
2. In your opinion what differentiates plastic objects from objects made of natural fibres?
3. What are the qualities and properties of natural fibres and how have these properties been used in craft? Explain with examples.
4. Refer to the Internet and describe the use of natural fibres in one Asian country.
5. The conversion of forest land into agricultural and industrial areas has led to problems for the bamboo crafts community in India. Develop ideas that can help solve these problems.
6. Draft a scheme that you would like to start in India to elevate our craft traditions and honour the great practitioners of crafts.
7. What is the impact of the intrusion of plastic ware into rural and urban homes? (Think of the following: the rural economy, traditional crafts and skills, environment and health.)
8. Unlike clay and stone, basket-making is not a full-time profession. Compare and contrast and give reasons why this is usually the case.
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 11 Heritage Crafts Natural Fibers
Click for more Other Subjects Study Material ›