CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus. Download the latest syllabus to do your studies as per the latest guidelines issued by CBSE NCERT. The syllabus, weightage of chapters, blue print of question papers and the design of question papers is issued every year for the benefit of students. Access all syllabus for all subjects here.
The subject of Science plays an important role in developing in children well-defined abilities in cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains. It augments the spirit of enquiry, creativity, objectivity and asthetic sensibility.
Whereas the upper primary stage demands that plentiful opportunities should be provided to the students to engage them with the processes of science like observing, recording observations, drawing, tabulation, plotting graphs etc., the secondary stage expects abstraction and quantitative reasoning to occupy a more central place in the teaching and learning of Science. Thus, the idea of atoms and molecules being the building blocks of matter makes its appearance, as does Newton's law of Gravitation.
The present syllabus has been designed around six broad themes viz. Food, Materials, The World of The Living, How Things Work, Moving Things, People and Ideas, Natural Phenomenon and Natural Resources. Special care has been taken to avoid temptation of adding too many concepts than can be comfortably learnt in the given time frame. No attempt has been made to be comprehensive.
At this stage, while science is still a common subject, the disciplines of Physics, Chemistry and Biology begin to emerge. The students should be exposed to experiences as well as modes of reasoning that are typical of the subject.
General Instructions :
1. The units specified for each term shall be assessed through both Formative each Summative assessments.
2. In each term, there will be two formative assessments each carrying 10% weightage.
3. The summative assessment in each term will carry 30% weightage.
4. Hands on practical examination will be conducted through formative assessment in every term with 20% weightage of total term marks.
5. Assessment of Practical Skills through MCQ will carry 20% weightage in each summative assessment.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus.