CBSE Class 11 Geography Syllabus 2013 2014 available in Pdf for free download. The latest syllabus for Class 11 Geography have been issued by CBSE based on which Grade 11 students will have to prepare for examinations by CBSE, NCERT and KVS in Standard 11. The latest CBSE syllabus has been used to design NCERT book for Class 11 Geography based on which exams for Grade 11 Geography will be conducted. Refer to MCQ Questions for Class 11 Geography with answers and also download more latest study material for all subjects
Geography Class 11 CBSE Syllabus
Class 11 Geography students should refer to the following curriculum for NCERT Class 11 Geography. These CBSE NCERT KVS Syllabus for Grade 11 Geography will be very useful for preparing for upcoming exams and help you to score good marks
Geography CBSE Syllabus Class 11
CLASS XI (2013-14)
Part A: Fundamentals of Physical Geography
Unit-1: Geography as a Discipline
• Geography as an integrating discipline, as a science of spatial attributes.
• Branches of Geography; Physical Geography and Human Geography.
• Scope and Career Options
Unit-2: The Earth
• Origin and evolution of the earth; Interior of the earth.
• Wegener's continental drift theory and plate tectonics.
• Earthquakes and volcanoes: causes, types and effects.
• Rocks: major types of rocks and their characteristics.
• Landforms and their evolution.
• Geomorphic processes: weathering, mass wasting, erosion and deposition; soil-formation.
Unit 4: Climate
• Atmosphere- composition and structure; elements of weather and climate.
• Insolation-angle of incidence and distribution; heat budget of the earth-heating and cooling of atmosphere (conduction, convection, terrestrial radiation and advection); temperature- factors controlling temperature; distribution of temperature-horizontal and vertical; inversion of temperature.
• Pressure-pressure belts; winds-planetary, seasonal and local; air masses and fronts; tropical and extratropical cyclones.
• Precipitation-evaporation; condensation-dew, frost, fog, mist and cloud; rainfall-types and world distribution.
• World climates-classification (Koeppen and Thornthwaite), Global warming and climatic changes.
• Climate and Global Concerns.
Unit 5: Hydrosphere
• Basics of Oceanography
• Oceans - distribution of temperature and salinity.
• Movements of ocean water-waves, tides and currents; submarine reliefs.
• Ocean resources and pollution.
Unit 6: Biosphere
• Biosphere - importance of plants and other organisms; biodiversity and conservation;ecosystem and ecological balance.
Unit 7: Map work on identification of features based on 1 to 6 units on the outline/ Physical/Political map of the world.
Part - B India - Physical Environment
Unit 8: Introduction
• Location, space relations, India's place in the world.
Unit 9: Physiography
• Structure and Relief; Physiographic Divisions.
• Drainage systems: Concept of river basins, Watershed; the Himalayan and the Peninsular rivers.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 11 Geography Syllabus 2013-2014
Click for more Geography Study Material ›