A Part: Foundations of Business
Unit 1: Nature and purpose of business:
• Concept and characteristics of business.
• Business, profession and employment - distinctive features.
• Objectives of business - economic and social, role of profit in business
• Classification of business activities: Industry and Commerce.
• Industry - types: primary, secondary, tertiary.
• Commerce - trade: types (internal, external, wholesale and retail; and auxiliaries to trade: banking, insurance, transportation, warehousing, communication, and advertising.
• Business risks - nature and causes.
Unit 2: Forms of Business Organisations
• Sole Proprietorship- meaning, features, merits and limitations.
• Partnership- Features, types, merits and limitations of partnership and partners, registration of a partnership firm, partnership deed. Type of partners.
• Hindu Undivided Family Business: features.
• Cooperative Societies- features, types, merits and limitations.
• Company: private and public company -features, merits and limitations.
• Formation of a company- stages.
• Starting a business - basic factors.
Unit 3: Public, Private & Global Enterprises
• Private sector and public sector enterprises.
• Forms of public sector enterprises: features, merits and limitations of departmental undertakings, statutory corporation and Government Company.
• Changing role of public sector enterprises.
• Global enterprises, Joint ventures, Public Private Partnership - features
Unit 4: Business Services
• Banking: types of bank accounts- savings, current, recurring, fixed deposit and multiple option deposit account.
• Banking services with particular reference to issue of bank draft, banker's cheque (Pay order), RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement) NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer), bank overdraft, cash credits and e- banking.
• Insurance: principles, concept of life, health, fire and marine insurance.
• Postal and telecom services: mail (UPC, registered post, parcel, speed post and courier) and other services.
Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business
• E-Business - scope and benefits, resources required for successful e-business implementation, online transactions, payment mechanism, security and safety of business transactions.
• Outsourcing-concept, need and scope of BPO (business process outsourcing) and KPO (knowledge process outsourcing).
Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
• Concept of social responsibility.
• Case for social responsibility.
• Responsibility towards owners, investors, consumers, employees, government and community.
• Environment protection and business.
• Business ethics and elements.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2011-2012
Click for more Business Studies Study Material ›