A Part: Foundations of Business
Unit 1: Nature and Purpose of Business
• Concept and characteristics of business
• Business, profession and employment - distinctive features
• Objectives of business - economic and social, role of profit in business
• Classification of business activities: Industry and Commerce
• Industry - types: primary, secondary, tertiary
• Commerce: Trade and Auxiliaries
• Business risks - nature and causes.
Unit 2: Forms of Business Organisations
• Sole Proprietorship: meaning, features, merits and limitations.
• Partnership: features, types, registration, merits, limitations, types of partners;
• Joint Hindu Family Business : features, merits and limitations.
• Cooperative Societies: features , types, merits and limitations
• Company: Private Company, Public Company - features, merits and limitations;
• Choice of form of business organizations
• Starting a business - Basic factors.
Unit 3: Public, Private & Global Enterprises
• Private Sector and Public Sector
• Forms of organising public sector enterprises ; features, merits and limitations of following :
• Departmental Undertaking
• Statutory Corporation .
• Government Company
• Changing role of public sector
• Global Enterprises : features.
Unit 4: Business Services
• Nature and types of Business services - Banking, Insurance, Transportation, Ware housing, Communication.
• Banking - types of Banks, Functions of Commercial banks, E- banking
• Insurance - principles, types: life, fire and marine
• Warehousing: types and functions
• Postal and Telecom services
Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business
• E-Business - Scope and benefits, Resources required for successful e-business implementation, On-line transactions, payment mechanism, security and safety of business transactions.
• Outsourcing- concept, need and scope.
Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
• Concept of social responsibility.
• Case for social responsibility;
• Responsibility towards owners, investors, employees, consumers, government and community
• Environmental protection and business
• Business ethics: concept and elements.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus 2010-2011
Click for more Business Studies Study Material ›