1. Sunil tries to measure his body temperature using a laboratory thermometer. Would he be successful to get the exact temperature? Give reason for your answer.
2. Cotton is used to keep us cool, then why cotton is used during winters to fill the quilts?(1)
3. Sarita wishes to grow lentils in her field (2)
i) Which soil is most suitable for growing lentils?
ii) Write any two characteristics of this soil.
4. Give any two examples of each:
i) A parasitic plant.
ii) An insectivorous plant.
5. Write the chemical name of Baking soda and Vinegar. Name the gas released when a pinch baking soda is added to vinegar. What type of change would it be?
6. i) Define galvanisation. How is it helpful?
ii)Why does stainless steel not rust?
7. a. What do you understand by a chemical change?
b. Give an example of a chemical change in the following situations:
i) A change in colour is observed.
ii) Sound is produced.
iii) Heat is produced.
iv) A gas is evolved.
8. i) Animals living in the tropical rainforests share some common adaptations. Write any four of these common adaptations.
ii) Why do we find animals of a certain kinds living in a particular climatic condition?
9. What do you mean by symbiotic relationship? Explain it with reference to lichens. (3)
10. i) What kind of climate is present in polar regions?
ii) Write any four adaptations of animals living in polar region.
11. i) Name four types of teeth present in your mouth.
ii) Why humans are unable to digest cellulose?
12. Give reasons for the following:
i) Less energy is produced in the process of anaerobic respiration.
ii) Fish open its mouth many times in water.
iii) The size of chest cavity increases when we breathe in.
13. i) Write any two precautions to be taken before reading a clinical thermometer.
ii) Mention any two reasons for using mercury in thermometer.
14. i) Give any two differences between clayey soil and sandy soil.
ii) What is the role of microorganisms in the soil?
15. i) List any two differences between breathing and respiration.
ii) How does gaseous exchange take place in roots of the plants?
16. a. Water logged soil is not suitable for the plant growth. Why?
b. i) Amar conducted an experiment in the field related to the rate of percolation. He observed that it took 10 min for 200 mL of water to percolate through the soil sample A and 40 min for water to percolate through the soil sample B. Calculate the rate of percolation in both the soil samples.
ii) What does percolation rate indicate about the nature of soil?
a. Draw a well labelled diagram of soil profile.
b. i) Calculate the percentage of water absorbed by the soil (weighing 50g), if the water absorbed by the soil is 40 ml. (consider 1mL of water weighs 1g).
ii) Write any two properties of the upper most layer of soil.
17. a. i) Identify and name the parts indicated as R, S, U and V in the given diagram.
b. Write the function of R and V.
c. Why do we get muscle cramps after heavy exercise?
a. Write the word equation for the process of breakdown of glucose in a cell:
i) In the absence of oxygen
ii)In the presence of oxygen
b. How does exchange of gases take place in the following
18. Complete the given table.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 7 Science Question Paper Set Z.