CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Nature & Significance Of Managements.Download CBSE Books Chapters and Books in pdf format. Easy to print and read. Copies of these textbooks may be downloaded and used as textbooks or for reference. Refer to other chapters and books at other links (CBSE Books now providing you soft copies of all textbooks of all subjects from class first to twelfth online).
Chapter – I
Nature & Significance Of Management
Explain the term ”management” in brief?–
- Management is coordinating all the resources of an organization through the process of controlling, organising, motivating and planning (COMP) in order to achieve its goals. This process starts at the top and continues in more or less degree at every level of the organization.
State any two characteristic features of management?
- Management is a distinct activity, which consists of communicating, organizing, motivating, planning, leading, staffing, controlling, decision making, etc.
- It can be studied, experimented and practiced.
Intangible: Management is intangible i.e. it cannot be seen but it can be felt through the performance of the workers. Mismanagement if any is quickly noticed and is a sign of poor management. While efficient management reflects the efforts of the workers.
Explain briefly any two OBJECTIVES OF MANAGEMENT –
- The primary organizational objective of the management of any business should be to attain maximum output with minimum resources and least wastage.
- This generates high profits, reduces costs and maximizes prosperity.
- Each employee that joins an organization wants to satisfy his individual objectives, which means he would like to have good salary, develop his personality, get peer and social recognition. If his individual objectives are not satisfied, he will lose interest in his work and performance of organizational objectives may suffer.
- Hence while formulating corporate objectives, management should also consider individual objectives
Briefly explainMANAGEMENT AS A PROCESS. – 2 marks Marking scheme
- Management is regarded as a process because it consists of -
Setting up objectives for an enterprise; and
Taking a series of steps such as planning, coordinating, directing,
organizing and staffing (PC-DOS) to ensure that these objectives are achieved.
- This process starts at the top and continues in more or less degree at every level of the organization.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 Business Studies Nature & Significance Of Managements
Click for more Business Studies Study Material ›