CBSE Class 10 Carnatic Melodic Syllabus 2019 2020. Download the latest syllabus for 2019 2020 released by CBSE to do your studies as per the latest guidelines issued by CBSE NCERT. The syllabus, weightage of chapters, blue print of question papers and the design of question papers is issued every year for the benefit of students. Access and download syllabus for all subjects here.
CARNATIC MUSIC Melodic Instrument - Theory (Code No. 032) Syllabus for Class - X
1. Raga classification in General.
2. Raga lakshanas of Suddha Saveri, Sriranjani, Kambhoji, Abhogi, Nata, Hindolam and Hari Kambhoji.
3. Writing notations of Adi tala Varna in two speeds and Gi t ams set in Roopaka and Triputa tala.
4. An outline knowledge of 72 Melakartas.
5. Detailed knowledge of musical forms Kriti, Kirtana, Jatisvaram and Varnam.
6. Life sketch and contribution of Lalgudi Jayaram and M.S. Gopala Krishnan, S. Balachandar & T.R. Moohalingam.
7. Basic knowledge of opted instrument.
CARNATIC MUSIC Melodic Instrument - Theory (Code No. 032) Format for the
Examination for Class - X
I. Briefly write the Raga classification in general.
II. Writing the scheme of 72 Melakarta in detail.
III. Knowledge of writing detailed description about any one musical forms Mentioned in topic V.
IV. Writing Ragalakshanas briefly about any two of the Raga mentioned in topic II.
Short Long answer
V. Knowledge of writing notation of Adi Tala Varna or any Kirtana covered
VI. Brief life sketch and contribution of prescribed eminent instrumentalist
VII. Construction & playing techniques of any one of the opted instrument
VIII. 6 MCQ based on all above mentioned topics.
Note : Examiners should set at-least seven questions in total and the students should answer five questions from them, including essay, short answers including Ragalakshana, Musical Forms etc. Topic number II & III are compulsory.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 Carnatic Melodic Syllabus 2019 2020.
Click for more Other Subjects Study Material ›