CBSE Class 10 Art Syllabus 2019 2020. Download the latest syllabus for 2019 2020 released by CBSE to do your studies as per the latest guidelines issued by CBSE NCERT. The syllabus, weightage of chapters, blue print of question papers and the design of question papers is issued every year for the benefit of students. Access and download syllabus for all subjects here.
ART EDUCATION (CODE No. 502)
Art education constitutes an important area of curricular activity for the development of the wholesome personality of the learners. Art is a process of fulilment running through every aspect of life and it goes on in a creative, productive and joyful manner. Art education helps to explore various means of communication (verbal and nonverbal). It encourages to develop creative expression and sharpens senses through keen observation of the environment. It helps to discover preferences through exposition to variety of material and identify the personal form and style of expression. It develops awareness of various art forms in and around the environment and locality and develops skills in the use of various tools, instruments and other art materials in the process of experimentation and exploration. In the process of discovering space, organization, colours, forms, lines, texture, movement, sound, etc., learners develop a sense of organization and design which inculcates in them a sense of order with regard to their personal appearance, home, school and community. It also develops aesthetic sensibilities and respect for social values and cultural heritage.
The idea of creative art involves all the elements of commonly known art forms visual, performing and language arts, namely music, dance, drama, drawing and painting, modelling and sculpture, or construction work, pottery and ceramic work, poetry and creative writing and other connected craft forms.
The objectives of art education are to :
• help learners to consolidate past experiences and knowledge;
• introduce learners to different media and techniques and their use for creative and productive expression for common use;
• provide opportunities for development of awareness about folk arts, local speciic arts and other cultural components leading to an appreciation of national heritage;
• assist learners to use artistic and aesthetic sensibility in day-to-day life situation;
• enable learners to achieve a balanced growth as a social being in tune with our culture through project work.
• get acquainted with the life and work of the local artists/artistes;
• use resourcefully locally available material to make different products (objects) with the help of the community;
• reine the sense of appreciation of the beauty of nature through the basic elements of art forms.
Approach to Art Activities
At the secondary stage, art education is closer to the local folk art and craft and folk theatre. Art is not only to always blindly copy the old masters or copying the teacher’s work in a rigid manner but to help learners express themselves in creative and imaginative ways. Creative arts cannot be a substitute of Work Education under
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 10 Art Syllabus 2019 2020.