CBSE Class 9 English Syllabus 2019 2020 available in Pdf for free download. The latest syllabus for Class 9 English have been issued by CBSE based on which Grade 9 students will have to prepare for examinations by CBSE, NCERT and KVS in Standard 9. The latest CBSE syllabus has been used to design NCERT book for Class 9 English based on which exams for Grade 9 English will be conducted. Refer to MCQ Questions for Class 9 English with answers and also download more latest study material for all subjects
English Class 9 CBSE Syllabus
Class 9 English students should refer to the following curriculum for NCERT Class 9 English. These CBSE NCERT KVS Syllabus for Grade 9 English will be very useful for preparing for upcoming exams and help you to score good marks
English CBSE Syllabus Class 9
CBSE Class 9 English Syllabus 2019 2020. Download the latest syllabus for 2019 2020 released by CBSE to do your studies as per the latest guidelines issued by CBSE NCERT. The syllabus, weightage of chapters, blue print of question papers and the design of question papers is issued every year for the benefit of students. Access and download syllabus for all subjects here.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
Traditionally, language-learning materials beyond the initial stages have been sourced from literature: prose, fiction and poetry. While there is a trend for inclusion of a wider range of contemporary and authentic texts, accessible and culturally appropriate pieces of literature should play a pivotal role at the secondary stage of education. The English class should not be seen as a place merely to read poems and stories in, but an area of activities to develop the learner’s imagination as a major aim of language study, and to equip the learner with communicative skills to perform various language functions through speech and writing.
The general objectives at this stage are to:
• build greater confidence and proficiency in oral and written communication
• develop the ability and knowledge required in order to engage in independent reflection and inquiry
• use appropriate English to communicate in various social settings
• equip learners with essential language skills to question and to articulate their point of view
• build competence in the different registers of English
• develop sensitivity to, and appreciation of, other varieties of English, like Indian English, and the culture they reflect
• enable the learner to access knowledge and information through reference skills (consulting a dictionary / thesaurus, library, internet, etc.)
• develop curiosity and creativity through extensive reading
• facilitate self-learning to enable them to become independent learners
• review, organise and edit their own work and work done by peers
• build listening and speaking into the curriculum.
At the end of this stage, learners will be able to do the following:
• give a brief oral description of events / incidents of topical interest
• retell the contents of authentic audio texts (weather reports, public announcements, simple advertisements, short interviews, etc.)
• participate in conversations, discussions, etc., on topics of mutual interest in non-classroom situations
• narrate the story depicted pictorially or in any other non-verbal mode
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 9 English Syllabus 2019 2020.
Click for more English Study Material ›