Home Science Sample Paper Class 9
Students can refer to the below Class 9 Home Science Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 9 exams. Please download CBSE Class 9 Home Science Sample Paper Set A
Home Science Class 9 Sample Paper
1. In case you cut your finger , immediately
i. put in water
ii. put in hot water
iii. tie it tightly
iv. press and apply ice.
2. To disconnect a victim from electric shock it is advisable to use–
i. your hands
ii. any object nearby
iii. hockey stick
iv. metal stick
3. If a victim has fracture as well as bleeding, the bleeding part should
i. be dealt later
ii. not be raised
iii. be first treated
iv. be tied to a splint first.
4. While giving first-aid for poisoning, vomiting should not be induced if the patient has swallowed
i rat poison
ii sleeping tablets
iii kerosene oil
iv insect poison
5. In case of snake bite
i. tie a cloth above/below the bite and keep the victim awake
ii. do not wash the wound and let the victim sleep.
iii. wash the wound and let the victim sleep
iv. do not put ice and let the victim sleep .
6. In hot weather, cottons should be worn as they
i do not absorb moisture
ii have a shine
iii are bad conductor of heat
iv absorb moisture
7. To be comfortable, a fabric should have properties such as
i. Good conductivity and absorbency
ii. Air permeability and resistance to acid
iii. Wrinkle resistance and air permeability
iv. Absorbency and wrinkle resistance
8. Strongest natural fibre is
9. Good wicking property will make a fabric
a) More elastic
10. A fabric having poor conductivity will
i. provide good insulation.
ii. Be cool to wear
iii. let air pass through
iv. Be absorbent
11. Rahul forgot to remove his damp cotton shirt from his bag. It will get effected by
ii. carpet beetles
iv. Moth and carpet beetles
12. Weaving process included
i. Interlooping of yarns
ii. Interlacing of fibres
iii. Interlacing of warp and weft yarns
iv. Interlooping of fibres
13. Present four safe ways storing chemicals to prevent accidental poisoning
14. Raju is unconscious and has turned blue. The doctor is suspecting him to be bitten by a snake. Identify the other four symptoms which would help to confirm a correct diagnosis.
15. How would you know whether the victim has cut her vein or an artery?
16. Your younger brother got a shock while taking out water from the refrigerator. Identify the possible reasons for this.
17. Differentiate between cloth and clothes.
18. Classify natural fibers on the basis of origin and give one example of each type.
19. Why is important to check the heat conductivity of a fabric?
20. Recall the properties of nylon, cotton, silk and wool in context to their strength.
21. Mention four points you would keep in mind while selecting clothes for a six year old child.
22. Give two suggestion each while selecting sari for a tall and thin woman .
23. Twenty year old Geeta has to wear a dress for a marriage,to be held at night . What four points you will consider while selecting her dress?
24. What four important features would you look for while choosing a sports uniform for yourself?
25. Make a chart to give basic six rules of first aid for your fellow students
26. Educate your cook on any six ways to prevent fires in the kitchen.
27. What precautions should you adopt to make your home safe from accidents due to fall?
28. Name two fibers which have good elasticity . Mention two more properties each, of these fibers.
29. Write six factors which decides the cost of the fabric
|CBSE Class 9 Typewriting Sample Paper Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Typewriting Sample Paper Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Home Science Sample Paper Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Home Science Sample Paper Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Home Science Sample Paper Set C|
|CBSE Class 9 Home Science Sample Paper Set D|
|CBSE Class 9 Elements of Business Sample Paper Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Elements of Business Sample Paper Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 Elements of Business Sample Paper Set C|
|CBSE Class 9 Elements of Book Keeping and Accountancy Sample Paper Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Elements of Book Keeping and Accountancy Sample Paper Set B|
|CBSE Class 9 e-Typewriting Sample Paper Set A|
|CBSE Class 9 Carnatic Music Sample Paper Set A|