CBSE Question Paper for Information Technology for Class 9 CBSE exams for CBSE Students. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should practice these Question Papers to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination. Please refer to more CBSE Class 9 question papers in other links. The CBSE Question papers are prepared based on trend in past examinations and expected questions in CBSE exams. Its always recommended by CBSE to practice the papers released by CBSE to get better exams in CBSE exams. CBSE Last Year Question Papers for class 9 for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for all CBSE affiliated schools in India and abroad. Please refer to more CBSE Class lX sample papers, question papers, HOTs etc in other links.
Foundation of Information Technology (Code: 165)
Second Term (October 2009 to March 2010)
In the Second Term there will be two formative tests (FA3 and FA4) and one Summative test for class IX.
The syllabus and design of the question paper for Summative Assessment II
which is to be held in March 2010 is as follows :
• Computing Technology
• Communication Technology
• Operating System – Basic Concepts
• Word Processing Tools
• Presentation Tools
• Spreadsheet Tools
A As the name suggests the assessment is taken during the formative stages of concept formation. It broadly classifies into
• Entry level assessment to know the readiness,
• Assessment during the transaction of a concept/lesson at definite stages which varies with situations,
• Assessment at the exit level for ascertaining the level of learning outcome.
B Its functionality is characterized by diagnosis and remediation for
continuous betterment of quality.
C Parameters for assessment:
• Student receptivity to accept assignments for diagnosis and amenability to remediation procedures.
• Drive to prove mettle and achieve expected quality.
• Ability to transfer potential through one achievement to another.
• Ability to self assessment and peer group interaction.
D Teacher’s tasks:
• Identify pre-requisites to learning a concept(s)
• Break the process of learning into sub stages
• Enumerate learning outcomes.
• Prepare suitable test items for diagnosis of each of the above stages.
• Prepare suitable remediation tasks in anticipation of lacunae normally occurring leaving flexibility of individual alterations.
• In order to have a variety of testing methods understand students’ individual interests, aptitudes, family background etc. and maintain detailed profiles beforehand.
• Have reasonable varieties of testing tools to sustain learner’s interest and at the same time that would successfully provide the required feed back.
• When adopting different methods of testing don’t lose sight of the actual component being tested. For instance if it is to test the student’s ability to handle a grammar item of direct-indirect speech and if an exercise of converting a story in dialogue form is adopted the teacher should not be distracted into assessing the histrionic talent of the child.
• Give importance to individual’s pace of learning and maintain infinite patience, constant liaison with parents and immediate authorities, empathy and sense of accountability.
• Maintain portfolios of different trials in each individual’s case and record justification for any particular assessment. Need not be too quantitative. The method of estimation for possible results over a period of appreciable time should be adopted.
• Use effectively home assignments to support class room teaching, peer activities and self assessment to optimize time vis-à-vis curriculum completion and to promote personality development as well as to reduce the correction work load.
Mail Merge ( Word Processing)
A number of events are organized in your school as a part of Golden Jubilee celebration. Sridhar Sharma is the cultural secretary in your school and he is given the responsibility of inviting schools from all over India to be part of a number of Inter School competitions. You are asked to help Sridhar to draft the invitation letter and to create a database containing the mailing address and the contact person for all the schools to be invited. Use the facility of mail-merge and print out the invitation letters to all invitees.
Please refer to attached file for Design of Question Paper for Information Technology
Click for more Other Subjects Study Material ›