Foundation and Information Technology
I Choose the best answe r:
1. It can contain file as well as folders
2. Raw Facts are called
3. A modem is connected in between a telephone line and a______
b) Serial Port
4. Disk Cleaner helps to free
b) Recycle bin
d) All of these
5. The first computer mouse was invented by
a) Christopher Sholes
b) Charles Babbage
c) Douglas Engelbert
d) C.B Mirrick
6. A safe way to remove viruses is to run an
a) Antivirus Software
b) Disk Clean up
c) Windows Firewall
7. Which of the following is not a part of the convergent Devices
a) Set top box
b) Internet TV
c) Multiplayer Mobiles
d) E –Business
8. The Bar at the topmost line of a window is called
a) Title bar
b) Menu bar
c) Status bar
d) Task bar
9. What should be the minimum capacity of the RAM for Multimedia
a) 32 MB
b) 64 MB
c) 128 MB
d) 512 MB
10. Identify the odd term amongst the following
c) Radio Wave
d) Optical Fibre
II Write True Or False:
11. The size of notepad file should be more than 64 KB
12. You can play your CD’s using MS PAINT
13. Most common example of infrared medium is TV Remote.
14. Assembly Language uses Mnemonic codes.
15. 1 GB=210 bytes
16. An internet enabled smartphone is developed by Microsoft.
17. Calculator is a windows accessories.
18. Graphics provide a Visual impact.
19. A computer connected to a network is known as stand-alone Computer.
20. Hardware is operated by System Software.
III Fill in the blanks:
21. A_____________is a hardware device on which you can store files and folders.
22. ______________is a sequential series of images that create an illusion of motion.
23. ________________is a group of related fields.
24. ________________memory is a special memory used for speeding up the transfer of data and instructions in CPU
25. _______________ is broadcast using transmitter at fixed locations.
26. To keep better track of multiple windows _____________or tiling is used.
27. ________________________software allow the user to write in his/ her normal handwriting.
28. __________________consists of electrical waves.
29. __________________ is language processor which translates the program line –byline.
30. __________________is called network of networks
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 9 Foundation and Information Technology Question Paper Set A