A) Choose the correct option.
1. Clothes worn by a nurse and students are called
b) casual clothes
c) traditional clothes
2. We can expect a lot of evaporation on a
a) rainy day
b) hot windy day
c) cold day
3. A place in the city where supply of water is stored and made fit for drinking
a) wind mill
4. The material used to make towel must have the ability to
a) absorb water
b) float on water
c) conduct heat
5. Crossing long threads over and under each other to make cloth is called
B) Fill in the blanks.
1. ______________ fibres are harvested from the plant at the flowering stage.
2. On cold winter mornings, water vapour condenses on dust particles to form _______.
3. ____________ is added to kill germs in water.
4. ___________ is a device that removes small insoluble particles from a liquid.
5. Water that is present under the earths surface is called _________________ .
6. ____ is a single piece of clothing worn by a factory worker for safety and protection.
C) Answer the following.
1. What are synthetic fibres? Give an example.
2. How does cotton clothes keep our body cool?
3. Define dew.
4. What causes the wind to blow?
D) Differentiate between Sea breeze and Land breeze.
E) Give reason.
1. It is advised not to wear synthetic clothes while working in a fire laboratory or a kitchen.
2. It is warmer during the afternoon than in the morning and evening.
3. Fishing nets are made of nylon.
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 4 Science Worksheet Set R