I. Tick the correct answer.
a. Animals that spend most of their time on trees are called
terrestrial arboreal amphibians aquatic
b. This animal can change the colour of its skin to match the surroundings.
squirrel turtle chameleons snail
c. The white portion of an egg is called
yolk albumen shell chalza
d. Going far away from home in winter and coming back in summer
migration camouflage hibernation adaptation
II. Complete the sentence by choosing the correct term from the word bank.
butterfly nymph herbivores
1. Animals that eat plants are called ______________________________
2. _____________________ lay eggs.
3. The baby cockroach (which does not have wings) is called ____________.
4. An adult _______________________finally comes out of the pupa.
III. Name the following
a. Animals that live in water __________________________________________________
b. Long winter sleep of the animals _____________________________________________
c. The environment in which an animal or a plant lives is __________________________
d. The organ through which fishes breathe _______________________________________
IV. State TRUE or FALSE. If false, write correct statement.
1. Merging with the surrounding to hide from the enemy is called camouflage _____________
2. Porcupines have hard shells to protect their bodies_______________
3. Turtles give birth to babies________________________________
V. Look at the picture and answer the following questions.
a) i) Name the animal. _____________________
ii) Why are they called arboreal animals?
iii) These animals have strong arms, legs and a long tail. Why?
Please click on below link to download CBSE Class 4 Science Worksheet Set P