Read and download NCERT Class 8 EVS Global warming chapter in NCERT book for Class 8 Environmental Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Environmental Studies textbook for Class 8 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 8 Environmental Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
NCERT Book for Class 8 Environmental Studies Global Warming
Class 8 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Global Warming in standard 8. This NCERT Book for Grade 8 Environmental Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Global Warming NCERT Book Class 8
3. Global warming
Greenhouse gases trap radiation and prevent heat from leaving the earth’s surface. In the process they help to maintain the temperature of the earth. Excess presence of these gases in the atmosphere causes global warming.
1. Take two identical glasses of the same material. Put equal quantity of water in them (half filled).
2. Note the temperature of water of both the glasses using a thermometer.
3. Place both the glasses out in open space so that sunlight directly falls on them.
4. Invert a glass bowl or a jar over one glass such that it is covered completely.
5. Atleast after two hours, note the temperature of water in both the glasses.
6. Note the difference in temperature of the two samples. Note which one is hotter.
7. Repeat the experiment with equal amount of ice in the two glasses instead of water. Note the time taken by ice to melt completely.
8. Try to find out the reasons for difference in the temperature of water and the time taken for melting of ice.
Relate your observations on global warming.
1. Observe the temperature of the interior of two similar cars parked in the sun, one with its window glasses completely rolled up and the other with window glasses rolled down. Take the temperatures again after two hours.
2. Collect news items relating to global warming and its impact appearing in newspapers and magazines.
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 8 EVS Global warming