CBSE Class 6 English-Who did patricks Homework. Learning the important concepts is very important for every student to get better marks in examinations. The concepts should be clear which will help in faster learning. The attached concepts will help the student to understand the chapter and score better marks in the examinations.
Difficult topics and easy solutions
Chapter-1 Who did patrick’s Homework
The story is a magical realism. Let the children know that there is no magic here,only they are made to believe. It is Patrick’s own inspiration personified. He does his own homework himself. As ‘Self help is the best help.’ The writer has shared his secret with the readers at the end .
Q1 Who do you think did Patrick’s homework –the little man or Patrick himself? Give reasons for you answer?
Ans: Patrick himself had done his homework. Patrick brought the book from the library and read them to guide the elf in doing the homework. He also pronounced difficult words, did Maths questions, studied till mid –night every day and thus completed his homework himself. The elf got the work done by Patrick. .(its Patrick’s own inspiration personified).He does his homework himself.
Speaking and Writing Activity
Objectives: By the end of the session, the students will be able to:
- express their feelings and opinions about the homework.
- write a paragraph by using the creativity and imagination.
- work in a group and share their opinions among themselves.
Procedure Students to be involved in the discussion about Home work. Some relevant questions to be asked and the answers to be written in points on the board. These points can be used to developed a paragraph finally.
Q1 What you feel about Home work?
Ans Home work is a practice and review of lessons that learned as a part of studies not an instrument that forces students to relearn an entire lesson,
Q2 What do you feel when you come to the school?
Q3 ‘How do you feel while doing homework?
Q4 What are the advantages of homework?
Ans Homework gives student necessary practice in thinking , Writing, Comprehending and problem solving.
- Reading Assignments help to develop self skills.
- It improves child’s achievement.
- It improves child’s , Spellings and Mathematical skills., Time management skills.
- Parents know what their children are learning.
- It strengthen child’s sense of responsibility,
Q5 What are the disadvantages of homework?
Ans.enormous amounts of homework is unnecessary and a waste of time.
- It accumulate too much stress,
- Children don’t get enough sleep, free time to enjoy their hobbies and spend with their family and friends. .extremely exorbitant amounts of homework have been causing stress in many teenagers.
- an increased maturing rate of hair, also known as the graying of hair is the result of stress caused by homework,
Q6 How can the problem of Homework be solved?
Ans. Homework load should be limited so that student will not accumulate too much stress, get enough slreep and have more time to enjoy their hobbies and spend with their family and friends. After getting the answer to the above questions make them write a paragraph on Homework-advantages and disadvantages.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 6 English-Who did patricks Homework.
Click for more English Study Material ›