Read and download free pdf of CBSE Class 7 Revision Assignment Set J. Get printable school Assignments for Class 7 all subjects. Standard 7 students should practise questions and answers given here for all subjects in Grade 7 which will help them to strengthen their understanding of all important topics. Students should also download free pdf of Printable Worksheets for Class 7 all subjects prepared as per the latest books and syllabus issued by NCERT, CBSE, KVS and do problems daily to score better marks in tests and examinations
FIBRE TO FABRICS
1. Total length of project:- Minimum 10-15 pages of A-4 size.
2. Project must be handwritten – credit to original drawings, illustrations & creative use of materials.
3. It should be presented in a neatly bound folder.
4. The project folder should contain:-
i) Cover page showing the project title, student information, school & year.
ii) Suitable headings.
iii) List of contents with page numbers.
iv) Project Overview: - Purpose, Methodology and Experiences while doing the project.
vi) Acknowledgements- (acknowledging the institution, libraries & persons who have helped.)
vii) Bibliography should have the title, pages referred, author, publisher, name of website if used.
5. Add Photographs, sketches, posters, slogans, poems, newspaper clippings etc. related to the theme.
6. Your Project will be assessed on the following criteria:-
i) Aesthetic presentation, visual appeal, expression and neatness
ii) Content accuracy and research work
iii) Creativity, originality
iv) Analysis of different situations and different perspectives
v) Viva for content assimilation
7. Attach the EVALUATION SHEET (provided below) at the end of the project.
a. Find an article from the newspaper or any magazine on fabrics.Paste this article on an A-4 sheet.On the next one or two pages, use this article to create a comprehension exercise,framing five questions and one vocabulary exercise.The questions should need some thought and not be too simple . However all answers should be there in the passage.On the fourth and fifth page give the answers that you expect from the questions and the vocabulary exercise that you have created.
b. You are launching a new brand of cotton and linen clothes.Make an advertisement on the need to wear cotton or linen in summers and why the garments made by your company are the best.It should be on an A-4 page, in colour , and entirely hand drawn. Print outs are not permitted.
c. Take an interview with a textile/garment designer/tailor/cloth merchant about the various kinds of fabric they sell or handle , and the specific uses and special qualities of each kind of cloth.Ask
Q3. Ana has a book with 400 pages. She read 132 pages yesterday. How many pages are still to be read?
Ans. ........................ pages are still tohim.her at least five questions. Both questions and answers should be hand-written.Take photographs (at least 3) of the interview. On a separate page write a report(in about 100 words) on what you learnt after this interview.
• Fabric is converted to various things that we use in our daily life like bath- towels , hand -towels and face – towels; dining table covers, table mats and table napkins and many other things.
• Measure the dimensions of a set of towels that you use. Find their perimeter and area. Compare the perimeter and area using ratios .
• Similarly compare the perimeter and area of a set of table lenin (table cover, table mat and table napkins) that you use in your home.
• Represent your data neatly using your own creativity.
Please read the textbook and find out the difference between fibre and fabric.
1. Collect five samples of cloth pieces that are of animal origin and prepare a report on them (their journey from fibre to fabric in about 80-100 words each) on A-4 sized sheets.
2. Collect pictures of five different animals which are used for wool production. Write a paragraph (40- 50 words) on each of them describing their habitats and nutrition requirements on A-4 sized sheets.
a. Visit the Kalamkari section of the National Museum,New Delhi.
b. Click five pictures related to this visit and paste their print out on a coloured A-3 sheet along with a 100 words writeup on the Kalamkari art.
c. Find out what kind of fabric was popularly used for this art form.
d. Draw a pattern of Kalamkari on a paper or fabric.
BOOKS TO READ
Making a Mango Whistle, by Bibhutibhushan Bandopadhyay,Penguin Books India Satyajit.Ray, Twenty stories. Translated by Gopa Majumdar. New Delhi / New York, Penguin Books, 1992. Satyajit Ray,.Chitrita Banerji (Translator). The adventures of Feluda. India / U.S.A., Penguin Books,
Ruskin Bond- Our Trees Still Grow in Dehra
Deepa Agarwal- Caravan to Tibet
Deepak Dalal- Ranthambore Adventure
Sudha Murty – How I taught My Grandmother to Read and Other Stories
Click on link below to download CBSE Class 7 Revision Assignment Set J
Click for more Class VII Study Material ›