Mathematics Term 2 Class 7 CBSE Syllabus
Class 7 Mathematics students should refer to the following curriculum for NCERT Class 7 Mathematics Term 2. These CBSE NCERT KVS Syllabus for Grade 7 Mathematics will be very useful for preparing for upcoming exams and help you to score good marks
Mathematics Term 2 CBSE Syllabus Class 7
Number System (50 hrs)
(i) Knowing our Numbers:Integers
• Multiplication and division of integers (through patterns). Division by zero is meaningless
• Properties of integers (including identities for addition & multiplication, commutative, associative, distributive) (through patterns).
These would include examples from whole numbers as well. Involve expressing commutative and associative properties in a general form. Construction of counterexamples, including some by children. Counter examples like subtraction is not commutative.
• Word problems including integers (all operations)
(ii) Fractions and rational numbers:
• Multiplication of fractions
• Exponents only natural numbers.
(i) am an am+n
Algebra (20 hrs)
• Generate algebraic expressions (simple) involving one or two variables
Ratio and Proportion (20 hrs)
• Ratio and proportion (revision)
Geometry (60 hrs)
(i) Understanding shapes:
• Pairs of angles (linear, supplementary, complementary, adjacent, vertically opposite) (verification and simple proof of vertically opposite angles)
• Properties of parallel lines with transversal (alternate,corresponding, interior, exterior angles)
(ii) Properties of triangles:
• Angle sum property (with notions of proof & verification through paper folding, proofs using property of parallel lines, difference between proof and verification.)
• Recalling reflection symmetry
(iv) Representing 3-D in 2-D:
• Drawing 3-D figures in 2-D showing hidden faces.
• Congruence through superposition (examplesblades, stamps, etc.)
(vi) Construction (Using scale, protractor, compass)
• Construction of a line parallel to a given line from a point outside it.(Simple proof as remark with the reasoning of alternate angles)
Mensuration (15 hrs)
• Revision of perimeter, Idea of , Circumference of Circle Area Concept of measurement using a basic unit area of a square, rectangle, triangle, parallelogram and circle, area between two rectangles and two concentric circles.
Data handling (15 hrs)
(i) Collection and organisation of data – choosing the data to collect for a hypothesis testing.
Books recommended by teachers
|CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus Term 1|
|CBSE Class 7 Mathematics Syllabus Term 2|