CBSE Class 3 Mathematics Syllabus Set A available in Pdf for free download. The latest syllabus for Class 3 Mathematics have been issued by CBSE based on which Grade 3 students will have to prepare for examinations by CBSE, NCERT and KVS in Standard 3. The latest CBSE syllabus has been used to design NCERT book for Class 3 Mathematics based on which exams for Grade 3 Mathematics will be conducted. Refer to MCQ Questions for Class 3 Mathematics with answers and also download more latest study material for all subjects
Mathematics Set A Class 3 CBSE Syllabus
Class 3 Mathematics students should refer to the following curriculum for NCERT Class 3 Mathematics Set A. These CBSE NCERT KVS Syllabus for Grade 3 Mathematics will be very useful for preparing for upcoming exams and help you to score good marks
Mathematics Set A CBSE Syllabus Class 3
Geometry (16 hrs.) SHAPES & SPATIAL UNDERSTANDING
• Creates shapes through paper folding, paper cutting.
• Identifies 2-D shapes
• Describes the various 2-D shapes by counting their sides, corners and diagonals.
• Makes shapes on the dot-grid using straight lines and curves.
• Creates shapes using tangram pieces.
• Matches the properties of two
2-D shapes by observing their sides and corners (vertices).
• Tiles a given region using a tile of a given shape.
• Distinguishes between shapes that tile and that do not tile.
• Intuitive idea of a map. Reads simple maps (not necessarily scaled)
• Draws some 3D-objects.
Numbers (42 hrs.) NUMBER SEQUENCE UPTO 1000
• Reads and writes 3-digit numbers.
• Expands a number w.r.t. place values.
• Counts in different ways - starting from any number.
• Compares numbers.
• For ms g r eatest and smallest numbers using given digits
ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
• Adds and subtracts numbers by writing them vertically in the following two cases:
– without regrouping.
– with regrouping.
• Uses the place value in standard algorithm of addition and subtraction.
• Solves addition and subtraction problems in different situations presented through pictures and stories.
• Frames problems for addition and subtraction facts.
• Estimates the sum of, and difference between, two given numbers.
• Explains the meaning of multiplication (as repeated addition).
• Identifies the sign of multiplication.
• Constructs the multiplication tables of 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10
• Uses multiplication facts in situations.
• Multiplies two digit numbers using standard algorithm and Lattice multiplication algorithm.
• Explains the meaning of division from context of equal grouping and sharing.
• Relates division with multiplication.
• Completes division facts:
– by grouping
– by using multiplication tables.
• Adds and subtracts single digit numbers and two digit numbers mentally.
• Doubles two digit numbers mentally (result not exceeding two digits).
Money (5 hrs.)
• Converts Rupee. to Paise using play money.
• Adds and subtracts amounts using column addition, and subtraction without regrouping.
• Makes rate charts and bills.
Measurement (21 hrs.) LENGTH
• Appreciates the need for a standard unit.
• Measures length using appropriate standard units of length by choosing between centimetres. and metres.
• Estimates the length of given object in standard units and verifies by measuring.
• Uses a ruler
• Relates centimetre. and metre.
• Weighs objects using non standard
• Appreciates the conservation of weight.
• Measures and compares the capacity of different containers in terms of non-standard units.
• Appreciates the conservation of volume.
• Reads a calendar to find a particular day and date.
• Reads the time correct to the hour.
• Sequences the events chronologically.
Data Handling (6 hrs.)
• Records data using tally marks.
• Collects data and represents in ter ms of pictog raph choosing appropriate scale and unit for display through pictographs.
• Draws conclusions from the data by discussing with the teacher.
Patterns (6 hrs.)
• Identifies simple symmetrical shapes and patterns.
• Makes patterns and designs from straight lines and other geometrical shapes.
• Identifies patterns in the numerals for odd and even numbers and in adding odd and even numbers.
• Partitions a number in different ways.
• Identifies patterns in his surroundings
• Identifies patterns in multiplication with, and dividing by 10s.