CBSE Class 11 Physics Sample Paper with answers 2017 (1). It’s always recommended to practice as many sample papers as possible before the examinations. Students can download the sample papers and also question papers of previous years to practice and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for more sample papers.
(a) All questions are compulsory.
(b) There are 26 questions in total. Questions 1 to 5 carry one mark each, questions 6
to 10 carry two marks each, questions 11to 22 carry three marks each, questions 23
Carry four marks and questions 24 to 26 carry five marks each.
(c) There is no overall choice. However, an internal choice has been provided in one
question of two marks, one question of three marks and all three questions of five
marks each. You have to attempt onlyone of the given choices in such questions.
(d) Use of calculator is not permitted.
(e) You may use the following physical constants wherever necessary.
e = 1.6 X 10-19 C
c = 3 X 108 m/s
h = 6.6 X 10-34 JS
μₒ = 4π X 10-7 N/A2
kB = 1.38 X 1023 J/K
NA = 6.023 X 10-23 /mole
mn = 1.6 X 10-27 Kg
1. Two vectors and are directed along y-axis and z-axis respectively. What is the direction of the
vector x ? 1
2. A motor cyclist is going in a vertical circle. What is the necessary condition so that he may not fall
3. Why do we prefer to use a wrench (spanner) of longer arm? 1
4.Can a physical quantity have units but still be dimensionless? 1
5. Define angle of friction? 1
6. At what points is the energy entirely kinetic and potential in S.H.M? What is the total distance
travelled by a body executing S.H.M in a time equal to its time period, if its amplitude is A? 2
7. Show that Newton’s third law of motion follows from the Newton’s second law of motion. 2
8. What is geostationary satellite? State the conditions necessary for a satellite to appear stationary?
Define Escape velocity? Why moon has no atmosphere? 2
9. A wave travelling along a string is described by 2
Y (x, t) = 0.005 sin (80.0x-3.0t)
in which the numerical constants are in SI units(0.005 m, 80.0radm-1 , and 3.0rads-1). Calculate (a)
Wavelength (b) Period of the wave. 2
10. If the earth were to suddenly contract to half of its present radius without any external torque on
it, by what duration would the day be decreased? Assume earth to be a perfect solid sphere of
moment of inertia 2. 2
11. A block of mass 3 kg slides down an incline of angle 30o with acceleration g/4.
Complete the free body diagram and find the coefficient of kinetic friction. 3
12. The Frequency (ν) of transverse wave on a string may depend upon (i) length l of string (ii) tension
T in the string and (iii) mass per unit length m of the string. Derive the formula for frequency with the
help of dimensions. 3
13. Using Theorem of parallel axis and Perpendicular axis find moment of inertia of a disc about (i) its
diameter (ii) a tangent in its own plane . 3
14 A body weighs 63N on the surface of the Earth. What is the gravitational force on it due to the
Earth at a height equal to half the radius of Earth? 3
15. What is terminal velocity? Derive an expression for it.
State Pascal’s law of transmission of fluid pressure. Explain working of Hydraulic Lift with the help of a
16. (i) Explain Why the colour of a piece of iron heated in hot flame changes its colour from dull red to
(ii) What kind of thermal conductivity and specific heat requirements would you specify for a
cooking utensil? 3
17. Define coefficient of performance of a refrigerator. A Carnot heat engine has an efficiency of
10%.If the same engine is worked backwards to obtain a refrigerator, then find its coefficient of
18. Define internal energy of a gas. Explain whether it is an Extensive or Intensive Variable? How
internal energy of a gas can be changed? 3
19. Derive an expression for the apparent frequency of sound as heard by a stationary observer in a
still medium, when the source is moving towards the observer with a uniform velocity. 3
20. Show that the average kinetic energy per molecule is directly proportional to the absolute
temperature of the gas. Hence give kinetic interpretation of temperature. 3
21. Draw the following graphs between distance and time of an object in case of
(i) For a body at rest (ii) For a body moving with uniform velocity (iii) For a body moving with
uniform acceleration. 3
22. What is Simple Harmonic Motion? What is phase difference between displacement and
acceleration in S.H.M. A Simple harmonic motion is described by a = -25x where ‘a’ is acceleration
(ms-2) and x is displacement (m). What is the time period? 3
23.A group of boys were playing cricket in a park. The match started with team A which had
experienced players and was very famous for its batting line. They batted brilliantly and made a good
score. Team B which had some new players tried to come up to the mark but got all out with 2 runs
short and were very disappointed. At the prize ceremony the captain of Team A praised team B for
their excellent effort and said winning does not matter but efforts do.
(i) What values of captain of team Ado you appreciate?
(ii) A cricket ball of mass 150 g is moving with a velocity of 12m/s and is hit by a bat so that the ball is
turned back with a velocity of 20m/s. if the duration of contact between ball and the bat is 0.01 s, find
the impulse and the average force exerted on the ball by the bat.
(iii) What is the force acting between bat and ball called? Why? 4
24. What is perfectly elastic collision? Obtain an expression for the final velocities for the bodies
undergoing elastic collision in one dimension. Also prove that if the masses are equal after collision
the velocities get interchanged.
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 11 Physics Sample Paper with answers 2017 (1)