Read and download PDF of CBSE Class 8 General Knowledge Sample Paper Set A designed as per the latest curriculum and examination pattern for Class 8 issued by CBSE, NCERT and KVS. The latest Class 8 General Knowledge Sample Papers have been provided with solutions so that the students can solve these practice papers and then compare their answers. This will help them to identify mistakes and improvement areas in General Knowledge Standard 8 which they need to study more to get better marks in Grade 8 exams. After solving these guess papers also refer to solved Class 8 General Knowledge Question Papers available on our website to build strong understanding of the subject
General Knowledge Sample Paper Class 8
Students can refer to the below Class 8 General Knowledge Sample Paper designed to help students understand the pattern of questions that will be asked in Grade 8 exams. Please download CBSE Class 8 General Knowledge Sample Paper Set A
General Knowledge Class 8 Sample Paper
CBSE Class 8 General Knowledge Sample Paper Set A. It’s always recommended to practice as mane sample papers as possible before the examinations. Students can download the sample papers and also question papers of previous years to practice and score better marks in examinations. Refer to other links too for more sample papers.
1. These tribes are known by names of Rong, Rongke, Rongpa and Nunpa and are found in Sikkim, kalimpong·and Bhutan. They are alsoknown as
(a) Lepcha (b) Naga (c) Apatani (d) Korwa
2. M.P.Hussain's painting 'Dhak Dhak 'is associated with the actress
(a) Madhuri Dixit (b) Juhi Chawala (c) Madhu Bala (d) Meena Kumari
3. Name the foremost kathak dancer ofIndia who isa leading disciple of Pt. Birju Mahar aj and alsoa civil servant. She is
(a) Shovana Narayan (b) Ragni Devi (c) Mallika Sarabhai (d) Radha Reddy
4. People use snakes inrain dance in
(a) North America (b) South America (c) India (d) Brazil
5. Champignon is
(a) Fish (b) Meat (c) Fruit (d) Mushroom
6. In 1945, which American president made the decision todrop atomic bomb on Japan?
(a) Harry Truman (b) Roosevelt · (c) George Washington (d) King George- I
7. Who was the first cricketer to score sixsixes in one over?
(a) Gary Sober (b) Sachin Tendulkar (c) WasimAkram (d) Sunil Gavaskar
8. First host country towin the world cup was
(a) Sri Lanka (b) India (c) Zimbabwe (d) Australia
9. Which grain isthe staple food of more than one third ofthe world's population?
(a) Rice (b) Wheat (c) Bajra (d) Maize
10. The last words of some famous people are given here. Match them with the person who sai these words
(i) Hey Ram (a) Darwin
(ii) I shall hear in heaven (b) Gandhi Ji
(iii) It isvery beautiful over there (c) Edison
(iv) I amnot the least afraid todie (d) Beethoven
11. Name the Indian actress whose work was celebrated inFrance Film Festival in 1984.
(a) Smita Patil (b) Shabana Azmi (c) Nargis (d) Madhu Bala
12. This singer has sungover 40000 songs tilldate in 20languages and has been honoured with the Bharat Ratna. Identify the singer.
(a) Lata Mangeshkar (b) Sunidhi Chauhan (c) Shreya ghoshal (d) N eeti Mohan
13. Find the odd one out
(a) Tiger (b) Lion (c) Hyena (d) Rhinoceros
14. Find the relation
(i) Hunter: Gun:: Writer: ?
(a) Book (b) Page (c) Pen (d) Poem
(a) Hand (b) Cloth (c) Protect (d) Wool
(a) F,B (b) D,E (c) E,B (d) C,D
15. A and B are born tosame parents. C isfather of A but B is not C's son. What isB toC ?
(a) Niece (b) Nephew (c) Daughter (d) Grandson
16. A, B, C, D, E,F aresitting ina row .
(i) D and C areimmediate neighbors of E
(ii) B isneighbor of A only
(iii) A isfourth from F
17.Who are on two end points?
(a) F,B (b) D,E (c) E,B (d) C,D
18. Match the folk crafts totheir states
(i) Chikan Work (a) Bihar
(ii) Phulkari (b) Uttar Pradesh
(iii) Madhubani Paintings (c) Rajasthan
(iv) Pichwai (d) Punjab
19. Salad vegetable 'Loufan Sponge' isrelated to
(a) Pepper (b) Lettuce (c) Cucumber (d) Tomato
'20. AsRoti is toIndia, Tortilla is to
(a) Mexico (b. ) Spain (c) France (d) China
21. Which spice do Europeans refer to as 'Black Gold'?
(a) Salt (b) Turmaric (c) Red Chilli (d) Pepper
22. Who said 'Try not tobecome a man ofsuccess but rather tobecome a man of value' ?
(a) Albert Einstein (b) Winston Churchill (c) Marie Curie (d) Julius Caesar
23. Who said 'One never notices what has been done, one can only see what remains' ?
(a) Marie Curie (b) Julius Caesar (c) John F Kennedy (d) Neil Armstrong
24. Match the following books totheir authors
(i) TheGuide (a) Bankim Chandra Chatterjee
(ii) Moby Dick (b) Pearl S Buck
(iii) TheGood Earth (c) R.K. Narayan
(iv) Anand Math (d) Herman Melville
25. Arrange the following words ina sequence inwhich they occur in a dictionary
(i) False (ii) Fallow (iii) Faithful (iv) Fallible (v) Faleon (a) , V, , 11, 1
26. These tribes are forest dwellers found inBaster and Koraput. They are the sub group of Go tribe. They are
(a) Dhurwa (b) Birhor (c) Mappilla (d) Bhil
27. Choose the most appropriate option
(i) Theduke and king are called rogues because
(a) they didn't have money.
(b) they were into preaching.
(c)they were frauds who cheated people.
(d) they put up shows in towns.
(b) Birhor ·
28. Peter Wilks had two brothers who were alive. They were
(a) Alexander and Harvey (b) William and Harvey (c) Willam and Alexander (d) Harvey and George
29. Where did Huckhide the bag of gold?
(a) Under the mattress (b) In the boat (c) Ina box (d) Inthe coffin
30. How much was'Jim' sold for by 'king'?
(a) Fifty dollars (c) Thirty dollars (b) Forty dollars (d) Eighty dollars
31. Who said these words 'You have got a lot toexplain tous, you and Tom'? (a)
Aunt Sally (b) Uncle Silas (c) Aunt Polly (d) Miss Watson
32. Satirical newspaper, 'Charlie Hebdo' that came under attack by two masked gunmen on January 7,2015 resulting inthe death ofpaper's editor and 11other people, ispublished in
(a) Spain (b) Canada (c) Italy (d) France
33. Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 13th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas at Gandhinagar, Gujarat onJanuary 8,2015.Who among the following was the chief guest atthe event?
(a) Joko Widodo, President of Indonesia
(b) Donald Ramotar, President of Guyana
(c) Epeli Nailatikau, President of Fiji
(d) Tony Abbott, Prime Minister ofAustralia
34. For the first time caniterised version of Agni V missile was successfully test fired on January 31,2015 from
(a) Odisha Coast (c) Karnataka Coast (b) Tamil Nadu Coast (d) Andhra Pradesh Coast
35. Which government has launched Taluka Planning Atlas?
(a) Gujarat (c) Rajasthan (b) West Bengal (d) Himachal Pradesh
36. Who among the following bas beenappointed as the new chairman ofSangeet Natak Akademi in January 2015?
(a) Arundathi Nag (b) Phani Sarma (c) Shekhar Sen (d) Raghubir Yadav
37. TheUnited Nations general assembly has declared the year 2015 as
(a) International Year of Seas
(b) International Year of Soils
(c) International Year ofVegetables
(d) International Year of Food
38. Who among the following has beenawarded the Bharat Ratna in year2015?
(a) Atal Bihari Vajpayee (b) Lal Krishna Advani (c) Sonia Gandhi (d) Manmohan Singh
39. Who was the chief guest onour Republic daycelebration m our school?
(a) Amod Kanth (b) Krishna Chaudhary (c) Meghna Sharma (d) Subhas Goswami
40. Recently, India and United States have signed an agreement to develop three smart cities in India.Which one ofthe following is notone ofthat?
(a) Allahabad (b) Ajmer (c) Bhopal (d) Vishakhapatnam
41. Which among the following airports has become the world's busiest airport for international
(a) Rajiv Gandhi International Airport
(b) Dubai International Airport
(c) London's Heathrow Airport
(d) Las Vegas Airport
42. Tick the correctmeaning ofthe word' Affable'
(a) Amiable (b) Grouchy (c) Reserved (d) Grumbling
43. Theword 'Demure' means
(a) Decorous (b) Bold (c) Outgoing (d) Shy
44. What accordin to you is the meaning ofthe word 'Pragmatic' ?
(a) Utilitarian (b) Unrealistic (c) Impractical (d) lllogical
45. Tick the correct use of' Demeanor'
(a) A calm demeanor is anessential personality trait
(b) Thedemeanor ofthe classroom was pathetic .
(c) His costume has a bad demeanor.
(d) She hasa wrong demeanor.
46. Tick the antonym ofthe word 'Approbation '
(a) Admiration (b) Approval (c) Support (d) Criticism
Please click the link below to download CBSE Class 8 General Knowledge Sample Paper Set A.
Click for more General Knowledge Study Material ›