NCERT Solutions for Class 5 English Marigold Chapter 2 Flying Together
1. Where did the geese live?
Ans. The geese lived on the top of a tall tree in a forest.
2. Why did the old bird advise the other birds to destroy the creeper?
Ans. The old bird advised the other birds to destroy the creeper because it could help a hunter to climb up the tree to kill them.
3. Why did the geese cry, “Help Help”?
Ans. The geese cried for help because they were trapped in the net by the hunter.
4. What did the hunter do when he thought that the cheese were dead?
Ans. The hunter threw them out of the net one by one on the ground.
5. Why did the geese pretend to be dead?
Ans. They pretended to be dead so that the hunter would not harm them.
6. Describe one incident when you got into trouble because you did not do you work on time.
Ans. Last year when I was in IVth class. I was prepare an important lesson before the examination start. Then my cousions came to visit Delhi. We spent two days together. I got no time to prepare for the test and I got very less mark in the examination.
7. State whether the following statements are True or False.
(a) The tree was the house of a flock of parrots.
(b) The wise old bird wanted the creeper to be destroyed.
(c) The hunter climbed the tree with the help of a ladder.
(d) When caught in the net the foolish birds began to weep.
(e) The wise old bird help them to escape.
8. Why do you think the dove helped the ant?
Ans. Because the ant was kind, so she help the ant.
9. How do you think the ant felt on finding the leaf?
Ans. I think the ant must be happy finding the leaf near to him.
10. Have you ever been in trouble like the ant? Did anyone help you?
Ans. No, was not the trouble like the ant.
11. Answer these questions about yourself.
(a) What is your name?
Ans. My name is Avinash Sharma.
(b) What languages do you speak?
Ans. I speak Hindi, English and Punjabi.
(c) How old are you?
Ans. I am ten years old.
(d) Which is your favourite food?
Ans. My favourite food is dal-roti and vegetable.
(e) Where did you go yesterday?
Ans. I went to Ambala yesterday.
(f) Which country do you belong to?
Ans. I belong to India.
(g) When do you go to sleep?
Ans. I drink milk to be healthy and strong.
(h) Why do you drink milk?
Ans. I drink milk to be healthy and strong.
12. In the groups of five discuss what you would do if you were caught in the following situations:
(a) Your friend falls in the play field and is hurt.
Ans. I’ll left him and gave him first aid.
(b) You are trapped in a fire
Ans. I’ll try to come out. After that I call to fire station.
(c) You are struck in a traffic jam
Ans. I will wait patiently till the jam is cleared.
13. Here are some answers. Now frame questions for the above answers.
(a) The colour of the ant is black.
Ans. What is the colour of the ant?
(b) It lives on land.
Ans. Where does it live?
(c) It has two long antennae.
Ans. How many antennae does it have?
(d) It crawls on the ground.
Ans. How does it move on the ground.
(e) It eats sugar.
Ans. What does it eat?
14. Fill in the blanks with prepositions such as to, at, off, on, in, into, with.
(a) This tree was the home ____ a flock of wild geese.
(b) He noticed the creeper _____ the foot of the tree.
(c) “It would be a pity _____ destroy it now.”
(d) As they flew _____ the tree they were trapped.
(e) The boy ran ____ the dog.
(f) The frogs jumped _____ the well.
(g) The girls was thrilled ____ see her new bicycle.
(h) The birds were caught ____ the net.
(i) The children walked ____ the bridge.
15. Complete the paragraph with suitable words from the box.
around, across, with, along, to, after, next to, into, from
One day, as I was walking _____ the bank of the river. I saw my friend running ____ the field. He was calling my name and waving ____ me. I stopped and waited. ____ sometime he reached where I was standing.
He said, “I went all _____ the town looking for you. I have some exciting news to share _____ you. Do you remember the old house _____ the neem tree? Guess who is moving _____ that house? Janak Das, the great magician. Now we learn lots of magic tricks ____ him.”
Ans. Along, across, to, after, around, with, next to, into, from.
16. Fill in the blanks given below with question words. For example, where do you live?
(a) _____ do you play?
(b) _____ do you get up?
(c) ____ do you have for breakfast?
(d) ____ do you go to school?
(e) _____ do you like best in the school games, art or music?
(f) ____ is your birthday?
(g) ____ do you want for your birthday?