Read and download NCERT Class 5 EVS Seeds and Seeds chapter in NCERT book for Class 5 Environmental Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks for 2021 chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Environmental Studies textbook for Class 5 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 5 Environmental Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
Seeds And Seeds Class 5 Environmental Studies NCERT
Class 5 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Seeds And Seeds in standard 5. This NCERT Book for Grade 5 Environmental Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Seeds And Seeds NCERT Class 5
5. Seeds and Seeds
Gopal was waiting for his mausi’s family to visit them. They will be coming the next day for their holidays. He was thinking about all the fun and nice food that he would have with his cousins. Just then his mother called out, “Gopal, before you sleep, remember to soak two small bowls (katoris) of chana (gram).” She was going to his Bua’s house and would return only in the morning.
As he was soaking the chana, Gopal thought, “How will two small bowls of this be enough for eight persons?” So he soaked another two bowls of chana. When his mother returned the next morning, she saw that the chana were overflowing from the vessel. “How much did you soak?” asked his mother. “How did that happen!” wondered Gopal.
“You soaked too much! Anyway it is good, now I will cook half of them, and leave the other half to sprout. I can send these to your aunt. The doctor has told her to eat sprouts”, mother said. She tied half of the soaked chana in a wet cloth, and hung them up to sprout.
- What things are soaked before cooking in your house? Why?
- What things do you eat after sprouting? How are they sprouted? How much time does it take?
- Has the doctor or someone you know ever told you to eat sprouts? Why?
Do this and find out
Do you remember that in Class IV you did an activity with seeds? Now try another one.
- Take some chana and three bowls.
- Put five chana in the first bowl and fill it up with water.
- Put a damp piece of cloth or some cotton wool in the second bowl. Now keep the same number of chanas in it. Make sure that the cotton wool or cloth remains wet.
- Put the same number of chanas in the third bowl. Do not put anything else in it. Cover all the three bowls.
Tell and write
- In which bowl did the seeds sprout? What difference did you see between this bowl and the other bowls?
- Why did Gopal’s mother tie the chana in a damp cloth?
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 5 EVS Seeds and Seeds
Click for more Environmental Studies Study Material ›
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Super Senses|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Snake Charmers Story|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS From Tasting to Digesting|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Mangoes Round the Year|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Seeds and Seeds|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Every Drop Counts|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Experiments with Water|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Treat for Mosquitoes|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Up You Go!|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Walls Tell Stories|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Sunita in Space|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS What if it Finishes|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Shelter so High|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS When the Earth Shook|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Blow Hot Blow Cold|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Who will do this Work|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Across the Wall|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS No Place for Us|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Seed Tells a Farmer Story|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Whose Forests|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Like Father Like Daughter|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS On the move Again|