Read and download NCERT Class 5 EVS Like Father Like Daughter chapter in NCERT book for Class 5 Environmental Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks for 2021 chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Environmental Studies textbook for Class 5 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 5 Environmental Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
Like Father Like Daughter Class 5 Environmental Studies NCERT
Class 5 Environmental Studies students should refer to the following NCERT Book chapter Like Father Like Daughter in standard 5. This NCERT Book for Grade 5 Environmental Studies will be very useful for exams and help you to score good marks
Like Father Like Daughter NCERT Class 5
21. Like Father,
Ashima was sitting near the window and reading. It was windy and there was a lot of dust in the air. Suddenly Ashima sneezed loudly—aaa chhee! Ashima’s parents were sorting out vegetables in the kitchen. Her mother said, “She sneezes just like you do. If you were not here, I would have thought it was your sneeze.”
- Does your face or anything else look similar to that of someone else in your family? What is it?
- Did someone tell you this or did you find it out yourself?
- How do you feel when people compare you with someone else in your family? Why do you feel so?
- Who laughs the loudest in your family? Laugh like that person.
Who is whose aunt?
Nilima had gone to the house of her nani (mother’s mother) in the school holidays. She saw someone coming and went to tell her mother, “Amma, a mausi (mother's sister) has come to meet you.” Her mother came out to see who had come. She told Nilima, “No, this is not your mausi ! She is your sister Kiran. You know your eldest nani ? Kiran is the daughter of her elder son. Kiran is your cousin sister. In fact, you are her cute son Samir’s mausi !
- Make a list of all the family members from Nilima’s nani to little Samir. How are they all related to Nilima? Write.
- In your family are there any such examples of unclenephews or brother-sisters, where there is a big difference in the age? Find out from your elders.
How we are all related!
Nilima started playing with Samir. Her mother called Kiran and said, “See, my Nilima’s hair is a lot like yours – thick, curly and black. It’s good she does not have hair like mine – straight, limp and brown!” Nilima’s nani
laughed and said, “Yes, isn’t it strange? We sisters had thick curly hair and now our second generation has similar hair.” Nilima was listening to all this. She thought, “We are called ‘distant’ relatives, but, how closely related we are in many ways!”
Find out and write
- Does Nilima have curly hair like her nani’s ? Now you look for some special trait in your sister or brother (could also be cousins). Like the colour of eyes, dimples in cheeks, height, broad or sharp nose, voice, etc. See if this trait comes from the father’s side or the mother’s side. Make this table in your notebook and fill it. An example is given.
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 5 EVS Like Father Like Daughter
Click for more Environmental Studies Study Material ›
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Super Senses|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Snake Charmers Story|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS From Tasting to Digesting|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Mangoes Round the Year|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Seeds and Seeds|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Every Drop Counts|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Experiments with Water|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Treat for Mosquitoes|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Up You Go!|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Walls Tell Stories|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Sunita in Space|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS What if it Finishes|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Shelter so High|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS When the Earth Shook|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Blow Hot Blow Cold|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Who will do this Work|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Across the Wall|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS No Place for Us|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS A Seed Tells a Farmer Story|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Whose Forests|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS Like Father Like Daughter|
|NCERT Class 5 EVS On the move Again|