Read and download NCERT Class 11 Business Studies Private Public and Global Enterprises chapter in NCERT book for Class 11 Business Studies. You can download latest NCERT eBooks for 2021 chapter wise in PDF format free from Studiestoday.com. This Business Studies textbook for Class 11 is designed by NCERT and is very useful for students. Please also refer to the NCERT solutions for Class 11 Business Studies to understand the answers of the exercise questions given at the end of this chapter
Multiple Type Questions
1. A government company is any company in which the paid up capital held by the government is not less than
(a) 49 per cent (b) 51 per cent
(c) 50 per cent (d) 25 per cent
2. Centralised control in MNC’s implies control exercised by
(a) Branches (b) Subsidiaries
(c) Headquarters (d) Parliament
3. PSE’s are organisations owned by
(a) Joint Hindu family (b) Government
(c) Foreign Companies (d) Private entrepreneurs
4. Reconstruction of sick public sector units is taken up by
(a) MOFA (b) MoU
(c) BIFR (d) NRF
5. Disinvestments of PSE’s implies
(a) Sale of equity shares to (b) Closing down private sector/public operations
(c) Investing in new areas (d) Buying shares PSE’s
Short Answer Questions
1. Explain the concept of public sector and private sector.
2. State the various types of organisations in the private sector.
3. What are the different kinds of organisations that come under the public sector?
4. List the names of some enterprises under the public sector and classify them.
5. Why is the government company form of organisation preferred to other types in the public sector?
6. How does the government maintain a regional balance in the country?
Long Answer Questions
1. Describe the Industrial Policy 1991, towards the public sector.
2. What was the role of the public sector before 1991?
3. Can the public sector companies compete with the private sector in terms of profits and efficiency? Give reasons for your answer.
4. Why are global enterprises considered superior to other business organisations?
5. What are the benefits of entering into joint ventures?
Please refer to attached file for NCERT Class 11 Business Studies Private Public and Global Enterprises
Click for more Business Studies Study Material ›