CBSE Class 8 EVS Worksheet - Revision Worksheet. Revision worksheets, Sample papers, Question banks and easy to learn study notes for all classes and subjects based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Students and parents can download free a collection of all study material issued by various best schools in India. The study material has been carefully compiled by the best teachers in India. The students should practice the questions database to get better marks in examination. Please refer to other links for free download of high quality study material. Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. Based on the same pattern as released by CBSE every year. Study material for final/ term/ SA1/ SA2 Examinations conducted by various schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in India and abroad. CBSE Study material has been compiled to help students preparation which will helps the students to concentrate more in areas which carry more marks.
Answer the following questions briefly
1. Why wide wooden sleepers are set below the railway tracks?
2. What are the major groups of microorganism?
3. Why sodium and potassium are stored in Kerosene?
4. Immersion rods of heating liquids are made up of metals. Give reason.
5. What is the weight of the air column in the area of 1cm2?
6. Why fossil fuels are exhaustible natural resources?
7. Where chromosomes are found? State their function.
8. The base of a dam is made broader than the rest of the wall. Why?
9. Why does energy consumption increases rapidly?
10. Why do lustrous metals lose their shine with time?
11. What is food poisoning?
12. What is the direction of force of friction?
13. Why do pressure cookers have plastic handles?
14. Why CNG is considered as a best fuel?
15. Why the friction between two surfaces increases when they are pressed harder?
16. Why do plants need a cell wall?
17. Why do boxers wear boxing gloves?
18. How bread comes out soft and fluffy after baking?
19. How is petroleum formed?
20. What are the characteristic of synthetic Fibre?
21. How is rayon different from other synthetic fibres?
22. Why potters place a round piece of cloth to carry heavy luggage?
23. How are you able to find the nature of metallic oxides?
24. How will you classify the bacterium penicillium –harmful or useful? Why?
25. One should not let water collect anywhere for a long time. Why
26. List the variety of coal in the order of increasing carbon content.
27. What is the role of microorganism in keeping the environment clean?
28 .A rocket has been fired upwards to launch a satellite in its orbit. What are the two forces acting on the rocket immediately after leaving the launching pad?
29. Give example to show friction as a friend and a foe?
30. How would the pressure change if:
a. Area is doubled keeping the force constant
b. Force is doubled keeping the area constant
31. Algae is considered to be closer to plants than to animal . Why?
II. Fill in the blanks with appropriate answers.
1. Sprinkling of powder on a carom board _________________friction.
2. Malaria is spread by _______________
3. The main source of plastic is _______________
4. A non - metal that occurs as solids at room temperature ____________
5. The ‘lead’ of the pencil is _________________
6. The alloy of copper, zinc and nickel is _________________
7. The control centre of the cell ________________
8. The Golgi body that helps in the transportation of substance within the cell _______________
9. A unicellular organism with no definite shape. ________________
10. The most abundant element in the universe ________________
11. Penicillin is made from a _____________
12. Raw materials used in the manufacture of Rayon ____________________
13. A thermoplastic used as a substitute for glass _________________
14. The extraction of pure metals from its ore ______________
15. The non-metal which has very high melting and boiling point __________________
16. Metals reacts with water vigorously with the evolution of _____________________gas.
17. Iron corrodes in the presence of _________________ and ________________
18. A metal that does not corrode in air ______________
19. A unicellular organism with no definite shape _____________
20. The powerhouse of the cell _________________
21. The organ for movement in paramecium ________________
22. The smallest cell in the human body __________________
23. The new cell formed by cell division is known as __________________
24. The frictional force that fluids exerts on a body is _________________
25. The kind of force a porter apply to lift an object _______________________
26. An instrument that measures the liquid pressure_____________________
27. The force that acts on an object at all times _______________________
28. Long chain of molecules containing thousands of similar small molecules called monomers _______________
29. Metals react with acids to produce _____________ gas.
30. The powerhouse of the cell is ___________________.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 8 EVS Worksheet - Revision Worksheet