Download CBSE Class 2 Syllabus for Mathematics 2023 2024. Refer to the latest syllabus provided below and free download latest curriculum of Class 2 for Mathematics issued by CBSE and NCERT, free download in pdf, get topic wise weightage, suggested readings and books based on latest syllabus and guidelines. The Mathematics Class 2 Syllabus curriculum has been developed and issued by CBSE and NCERT for Mathematics in Class 2. All students studying in Class 2 are suggested to go through latest syllabus to ensure that their preparation is as per the latest syllabus issued by CBSE NCERT KVS. Class 2 Mathematics students should do preparation for Mathematics exam strictly based on the latest curriculum and concentrate more on the topics with higher weightage to help them score higher marks in Class 2 Mathematics class tests and exams
Class 2 Mathematics Syllabus
It is important for students to study as per the latest Class 2 Mathematics curriculum and marks breakup as per important topics. This will help to prepare properly for the upcoming examination. You can click on the following links to download the latest and past year syllabus provided by us below.
Year Wise Mathematics Syllabus Class 2
Geometry (13 hrs.)
SHAPES & SPATIAL UNDERSTANDING
3-D and 2-D Shapes
• Obser ves objects in the environment and gets a qualitative feel for their geometrical attributes.
• Identifies the basic 3-D shapes such as cuboid, cylinder, cone, sphere by their names.
• Traces the 2-D outlines of 3-D objects.
• Observes and identifies these 2-D shapes.
• Identifies 2-D shapes viz., rectangle, square, triangle, circle by their names.
• Describes intuitively the properties of these 2-D shapes.
• Identifies and makes straight lines by folding, straight edged objects, stretched strings and draws free hand and with a ruler.
• Draws horizontal, vertical and slant lines (free hand).
• Distinguishes between straight and curved lines.
• Identifies objects by observing their shadows.
Numbers (46 hrs.)
• Reads and writes numerals for numbers up to ninety- nine.
• Expands a number with respect to place values.
• Counts and regroups objects into tens and ones.
• Uses the concept of place value in the comparison of numbers.
• Counts in various ways:
– Starting from any number.
– Group counting etc.
• Arranges numbers upto hundred in ascending and descending order.
• Forms the greatest and the smallest two digit numbers with and without repetition of given digits.
• Indicates and identifies the position of an object in a line.
ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION
• Adds and subtracts two digit numbers by drawing representations of tens and ones without and with regrouping.
• Adds zero to a number and subtracts zero from a number.
• Obser ves the commutative property of addition through patterns.
• Solves addition, subtraction problems presented through pictures and verbal description.
• Describes orally the situations that correspond to the given addition and subtraction facts.
• Estimates the result of addition and subtraction and compares the result with another given number.
PREPARATION FOR MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION
• Discussion of situations involving repeated addition and situations involving equal sharing.
• Activities of making equal groups.
• Adds and subtracts single digit numbers mentally.
• Adds and subtracts multiples of ten mentally.
Money (3 hrs.)
• Identifies currency - notes and coins.
• Puts together amounts of money not exceeding
• Adds and subtracts small amounts of money mentally.
• Transacts an amount using 3-4 notes.
Measurement (13 hrs.) LENGTH
• Measures lengths & distances along short & long paths using uniform (non-standard) units, extends to longer lengths
• Compares two or more objects by their weight.
• Appreciates the need for a simple balance.
• Compares weights of given objects using simple balance.
• Compares and orders containers in terms of internal volume(capacity).
• Orders given containers as per their capacities on the basis of perception & verifies by pouring out etc.
• Gets familiar with the days of the week and months of the year.
• Gets a feel for sequence of seasons (varying locally).
• Sequences the events occurring over longer periods in terms of dates/days.
Data Handling (6 hrs.)
• Collects data through measurement.
• Represents the data followed by discussion (e.g. heights of children).
• Collects and presents the data on birthdays.
• Draws inferences from the data at the appropriate level.
Patterns (10 hrs.)
• Observes and extends patterns in sequence of shapes and numbers.
• Searches for patterns in different ways of splitting a number.
• Creates block patterns by stamping thumbprints, leaf prints, vegetable prints, etc.
• Creates patterns of regular shapes by stamping.
More Study Material
You can download the CBSE 2023 Syllabus for Class 2 Mathematics for latest session from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the links above and download Syllabus in PDF for Class 2 for Mathematics
Yes, the syllabus issued for Class 2 Mathematics have been made available here for latest 2023 academic session
You can easily access the links above and download the Class 2 Syllabus Mathematics
There is no charge for the Syllabus for Class 2 CBSE Mathematics you can download everything free
Planning your studies as per syllabus given on studiestoday for Class 2 subject Mathematics can help you to score better marks in exams
Yes, studiestoday.com provides all latest CBSE Class 2 Mathematics Syllabus with suggested books for current academic session
Yes, studiestoday provides curriculum in Pdf for Class 2 Mathematics in mobile-friendly format and can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Yes, syllabus for Class 2 Mathematics is available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi