Download Class 2 English worksheets and assignments with important questions and answers, unseen passages, Sample Papers and Question Papers with solutions and other study material prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 2 English Worksheets, assignments, Syllabus, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, Sample papers and last year solved Question Papers
The students who are studying in Class 2 English should be able to perform the following activities :
- Sing/recite collectively songs/poems/rhymes with action.
- Listen to stories, and humorous incidents and interact in English/home language.
- Ask simple questions, for example, on characters, places, the sequence of events in the story, etc. (Ensure clear lip movement for children with hearing impairment to lip read.)
- Respond orally in-home language/English/sign language/non-verbal expressions and solve Worksheets for Class 2 English
- Write 2-3 simple sentences about stories/poems.
- Look at scripts in a print rich environment like newspapers, tickets, posters etc.
- Develop phonemic awareness through activities focusing on different sounds, emerging from the words in stories and texts.
- Suggested Pedagogical Processes Learning Outcomes
- Speak and write English, talk to their peers in English, relating to festivals and events at homes and schools Question Papers for Class 2 English
- Enrich vocabulary in English mainly through telling and re-telling stories/folk tales.
- Use appropriately pronouns related to gender such as 'he', 'she', 'his', 'her', and demonstrative pronouns such as 'this', 'that', 'these', 'those'; and prepositions such as 'before', 'between' etc.
- Read cartoons/ pictures/comic strips with or without words independently.
- Write 2-3 sentences describing common events using adjectives, prepositions and sight words like “This is my dog. It is a big dog. It runs behind me.”
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
CBSE vide Circular No.Acad-51/2021 dated 5th July, 2021, notified that in the session 2021-2022, Board Examinations would be conducted in two terms, i.e.. Term I and Term II. This decision was taken due to the uncertainty arising out of COVID 19 Pandemic. Term I...
UNESCO has declared 21st February of every year to be celebrated as International Mother Language day to promote dissemination of Mother Language of all, create awareness of linguistic and cultural traditions and diversity across the world and to inspire solidarity...
The Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET), a constituent unit of National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), is inviting entries for the 26th All India Children’s Educational Audio Video Festival (AICEAVF). This festival showcases the...
Evaluation of the Answer Books is done under a well-settled Policy. To ensure that the evaluation is error free, CBSE is taking several steps. After strictly following these steps, the result is prepared. Though, CBSE is having a well-settled system of assessment,...
Central Academy for Police Training, (CAPT), Bhopal, Bureau of Police Research & Development, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India, is offering an online Student Outreach program on “Road Safety: Roles & Responsibility” for students of Class IX to...