Download Class 2 English worksheets and assignments with important questions and answers, unseen passages, Sample Papers and Question Papers with solutions and other study material prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 2 English Worksheets, assignments, Syllabus, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, Sample papers and last year solved Question Papers
The students who are studying in Class 2 English should be able to perform the following activities :
- Sing/recite collectively songs/poems/rhymes with action.
- Listen to stories, and humorous incidents and interact in English/home language.
- Ask simple questions, for example, on characters, places, the sequence of events in the story, etc. (Ensure clear lip movement for children with hearing impairment to lip read.)
- Respond orally in-home language/English/sign language/non-verbal expressions and solve Worksheets for Class 2 English
- Write 2-3 simple sentences about stories/poems.
- Look at scripts in a print rich environment like newspapers, tickets, posters etc.
- Develop phonemic awareness through activities focusing on different sounds, emerging from the words in stories and texts.
- Suggested Pedagogical Processes Learning Outcomes
- Speak and write English, talk to their peers in English, relating to festivals and events at homes and schools Question Papers for Class 2 English
- Enrich vocabulary in English mainly through telling and re-telling stories/folk tales.
- Use appropriately pronouns related to gender such as 'he', 'she', 'his', 'her', and demonstrative pronouns such as 'this', 'that', 'these', 'those'; and prepositions such as 'before', 'between' etc.
- Read cartoons/ pictures/comic strips with or without words independently.
- Write 2-3 sentences describing common events using adjectives, prepositions and sight words like “This is my dog. It is a big dog. It runs behind me.”
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
Green Olympiad is a value driven project conducted by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) for school students annually since 1999. This Olympiad assesses the environment quotient of students and also enhances their understanding on issues related to sustainable...
CBSE has advised schools to follow the Alternative Calendar developed by NCERT to continue education during the lockdown through alternative modes to achieve learning outcomes. Schools have reportedly started using these calendars and other prescribed pedagogical...
Competency is a set of skills, abilities, knowledge that helps an individual perform a given task in real life. Every learning should go into the imbibing of these skills to lead a productive and joyful life. The NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY-2020 calls for shift towards...
Training of CBSE School Teachers on Olabs in collaboration with C-DAC Mumbai: OLabs is a platform jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Telecommunications, Government of India, CDAC, and Amrita University to facilitate a virtual experience of CBSE...
The National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti in collaboration with Kalantar Art Trust is organizing KALANTAR-2020: National Online Painting Championship with the aim to provide a platform to youth and school children to demonstrate their artistic skills...
As a part of Shikshak Parv celebration, an online quiz competition on National Education Policy 2020 will be organized by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, from 5 th September to 25th September 2020 in order to create awareness about NEP among all stakeholders...