Download Class 2 Mathematics Worksheets and Assignments with important Questions and Answers, Sample Papers and Question Papers with Solutions and other study material for mathematics for free download in pdf prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 2 Mathematics worksheets, assignments, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, easy to learn concepts and study notes Sample papers and last year solved question papers
As students of class 2 mathematics refer to NCERT and CBSE books to enhance their skills for Class 2 mathematics, the student should be provided chances in pairs/groups/ individually and encouraged to the following activities:
The student should be provided opportunities in pairs/groups/ individually and encouraged to do the following activities for Mathematics Class 2 -
- Class 2 Mathematics students should be able to identify number naming and number writing patterns, read and write numbers up to 99 with the help of the above available free study material
- Parents can help the students to apply the understanding of place value of numbers while grouping & recognizing them
- Students can add 2 digit numbers up to 99 by using addition facts up to 9
- Students should develop and use alternate strategies for addition and subtraction of numbers
- You can also try to explore situations in which addition and subtraction of numbers is required. For example combining two groups, enlarging a group by adding more objects. You can practice this by download Worksheets for Class 2 Mathematics
- Students should be able to develop their own contextual situations/ questions based on subtraction and addition. This is important as this can help them to score more marks or grades.
- Parents should be able to help child create situation/ context in which a number has to be repeatedly added
- Class 2 Students will be able to trace different faces of 3D objects on paper and name their corresponding 2D Shapes but make sure you refer to NCERT Books for class 2 Maths
- Try to classify shapes based on their physical attributes through cut out/ paper folds of different shapes
- Try to use observations/ sense of touch to describe the shapes and their physical attributes
- Now you should be able to add up to numerical value of Rs. 100, by using concrete play money of different denominations
- Try to measure different lengths/ distances by using uniform but a nonstandard unit
- Discuss and share the experiences of children while they observe different balances for weighing objects
- Construct their own balance (simple) and weigh and compare the weights of different things around them
- Compare the capacity of two or more containers and discuss about the results with your parents.
- Discuss the special day/ particular day of a week when children share time and house related work with their family members. You can also solve Sample Papers for class 2 mathematics to check your understanding
- Verbalize the unit of repeat in a pattern and make ideas about their extension
- Extend patterns created by using shapes, thumb print, leaf print and numbers, etc.
- Collect information from people around, record it and draw some inference from it. Share this information with your teacher and discuss.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
Competency is a set of skills, abilities, knowledge that helps an individual perform a given task in real life. Every learning should go into the imbibing of these skills to lead a productive and joyful life. The NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY-2020 calls for shift towards...
Kids are the Future of our Country! Outlines have changed and so should the formats of existence! It is the best time to teach our kids the pleasure of Self-Discipline, Self-Realization and Self-Control. To keep the future generation safe in such unpredictable...
As a part of Shikshak Parv celebration, an online quiz competition on National Education Policy 2020 will be organized by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, from 5 th September to 25th September 2020 in order to create awareness about NEP among all stakeholders...
CBSE has advised schools to follow the Alternative Calendar developed by NCERT to continue education during the lockdown through alternative modes to achieve learning outcomes. Schools have reportedly started using these calendars and other prescribed pedagogical...
Revised SOP on preventive measures to be followed while conducting examinations to contain spread of COVID-19 issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Examination centres are frequented by large number of students (as well as their parents) and staff till the...
Training of CBSE School Teachers on Olabs in collaboration with C-DAC Mumbai: OLabs is a platform jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Telecommunications, Government of India, CDAC, and Amrita University to facilitate a virtual experience of CBSE...