Download Class 2 Mathematics Worksheets and Assignments with important Questions and Answers, Sample Papers and Question Papers with Solutions and other study material for mathematics for free download in pdf prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 2 Mathematics worksheets, assignments, latest syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, easy to learn concepts and study notes Sample papers and last year solved question papers
As students of class 2 mathematics refer to NCERT and CBSE books to enhance their skills for Class 2 mathematics, the student should be provided chances in pairs/groups/ individually and encouraged to the following activities:
The student should be provided opportunities in pairs/groups/ individually and encouraged to do the following activities for Mathematics Class 2 -
- Class 2 Mathematics students should be able to identify number naming and number writing patterns, read and write numbers up to 99 with the help of the above available free study material
- Parents can help the students to apply the understanding of place value of numbers while grouping & recognizing them
- Students can add 2 digit numbers up to 99 by using addition facts up to 9
- Students should develop and use alternate strategies for addition and subtraction of numbers
- You can also try to explore situations in which addition and subtraction of numbers is required. For example combining two groups, enlarging a group by adding more objects. You can practice this by download Worksheets for Class 2 Mathematics
- Students should be able to develop their own contextual situations/ questions based on subtraction and addition. This is important as this can help them to score more marks or grades.
- Parents should be able to help child create situation/ context in which a number has to be repeatedly added
- Class 2 Students will be able to trace different faces of 3D objects on paper and name their corresponding 2D Shapes but make sure you refer to NCERT Books for class 2 Maths
- Try to classify shapes based on their physical attributes through cut out/ paper folds of different shapes
- Try to use observations/ sense of touch to describe the shapes and their physical attributes
- Now you should be able to add up to numerical value of Rs. 100, by using concrete play money of different denominations
- Try to measure different lengths/ distances by using uniform but a nonstandard unit
- Discuss and share the experiences of children while they observe different balances for weighing objects
- Construct their own balance (simple) and weigh and compare the weights of different things around them
- Compare the capacity of two or more containers and discuss about the results with your parents.
- Discuss the special day/ particular day of a week when children share time and house related work with their family members. You can also solve Sample Papers for class 2 mathematics to check your understanding
- Verbalize the unit of repeat in a pattern and make ideas about their extension
- Extend patterns created by using shapes, thumb print, leaf print and numbers, etc.
- Collect information from people around, record it and draw some inference from it. Share this information with your teacher and discuss.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) today, announced a suggested competency-based assessment framework to strengthen India’s existing school education system for secondary level (classes 6-10) and improve the overall learning outcomes of students across...
Latest Syllabus for Class 12 for 2021 2022 Latest Syllabus for Class 11 for 2021 2022 Latest Syllabus for Class 10 for 2021 2022 Latest Syllabus for Class 9 for 2021 2022 CBSE has issued the latest syllabus for the academic year 2021 2022 which is applicable for all...
The first thing to learn about Time Management is that time is theoretical so you can’t really manage it. What you do when you get into time management, is that you manage yourself. You decide what has to be done, when it must be done and how to do it in the stipulated...
Looking to the present situation of the pandemic and school closures, and also taking in account the safety and well-being of the students, it is decided as follows: 1. The Board Exams for Class XIIth to be held from May 4th to June, 14th, 2021 are hereby postponed....