Download CBSE Class 1 Syllabus for Mathematics 2023 2024. Refer to the latest syllabus provided below and free download latest curriculum of Class 1 for Mathematics issued by CBSE and NCERT, free download in pdf, get topic wise weightage, suggested readings and books based on latest syllabus and guidelines. The Mathematics Class 1 Syllabus curriculum has been developed and issued by CBSE and NCERT for Mathematics in Class 1. All students studying in Class 1 are suggested to go through latest syllabus to ensure that their preparation is as per the latest syllabus issued by CBSE NCERT KVS. Class 1 Mathematics students should do preparation for Mathematics exam strictly based on the latest curriculum and concentrate more on the topics with higher weightage to help them score higher marks in Class 1 Mathematics class tests and exams
Class 1 Mathematics Syllabus
It is important for students to study as per the latest Class 1 Mathematics curriculum and marks breakup as per important topics. This will help to prepare properly for the upcoming examination. You can click on the following links to download the latest and past year syllabus provided by us below.
Year Wise Mathematics Syllabus Class 1
Geometry (10 hrs.)
SHAPES & SPATIAL UNDERSTANDING
• Develops and uses vocabulary of spatial relationship (Top, Bottom, On, Under, Inside, Outside, Above, Below, Near, Far, Before, After)
SOLIDS AROUND US
• Collects objects from the surroundings having different sizes and shapes like pebbles, boxes, balls, cones, pipes, etc.
• Sorts, Classifies and describes the objects on the basis of shapes, and other observable properties.
• Obser ves and describes the way shapes affect movements like rolling and sliding.
• Sorts 2 - D shapes such as flat objects made of card etc.
Numbers (46 hrs.)
DEVELOPING A SENSE OF NUMBERNESS, COUNTING AND OPERATIONS OF NUMBERS 1 - 9 AND ZERO
• Observes object and makes collections of objects.
• Arranges the collection of objects in order by
– Matching and
– One to one correspondence
• Counts the number of objects in a collection.
• Makes collection of objects corresponding to a specific number.
• Recognises and speaks numbers from 1 to 9.
• Uses numbers from 1 to 9 in counting and comparison. (Real objects and repeated events like clapping to be used for counting)
• Reads and writes numerals from 1 to 9.
• Adds and subtracts using real objects and pictures.
• Adds and subtracts the numbers using symbols ‘+’
• Approaches zero through the subtraction pattern (such as 3 – 1 = 2, 3 – 2 = 1, 3 – 3 = 0).
NUMBERS FROM (10 - 20)
• Forms Number sequence from 10 to 20.
• Counts objects using these numbers.
• Groups objects into a group of 10s and single objects.
• Develops the vocabulary of group of ‘tens’ and ‘ones’.
• Shows the group of tens and ones by drawing.
• Counts the number of tens and ones in a given number.
• Writes the numerals for eleven to nineteen.
• Writes numerals for ten and twenty.
• Compares numbers upto 20.
ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION (UPTO 20)
• Adds and subtracts numbers upto 20.
NUMBERS FROM 21 - 99
• Writes numerals for Twenty-one to Ninety nine.· Groups objects into tens and ones.
• Draws representation for groups of ten and ones.
• Groups a number orally into tens and ones.
• Adds two single digit numbers mentally.
Money (3 hrs.)
• Identifies common currency notes and coins.
• Puts together small amounts of money.
Measurement (13 hrs.)
• Distinguishes between near, far, thin, thick, longer/taller, shorter, high, low.
• Seriates objects by comparing their length.
• Measures short lengths in terms of non-uniform units (in the context of games e.g. ‘Gilli Danda’ and ‘marble- games’).
• Estimates distance and length, and verifies using non- uniform units (e.g. hand span etc.)
• Compares between heavy and light objects.
• Distinguishes between events occurring in time using terms -earlier and later.
• Gets the qualitative feel of long & short duration, of school days v/s holidays.
• Narrates the sequence of events in a day.
Data Handling (6 hrs.)
• Collects, represents and interprets simple data such as measuring the arm length or circumference of the head using a paper strip.
Patterns (10 hrs. )
• Describes sequences of simple patterns found in shapes in the surroundings and in numbers, e.g. stamping activity using fingers and thumb.
• Completes a given sequence of simple patterns found in shapes in the surroundings and in numbers.
More Study Material
You can download the CBSE 2023 Syllabus for Class 1 Mathematics for latest session from StudiesToday.com
Yes, you can click on the links above and download Syllabus in PDF for Class 1 for Mathematics
Yes, the syllabus issued for Class 1 Mathematics have been made available here for latest 2023 academic session
You can easily access the links above and download the Class 1 Syllabus Mathematics
There is no charge for the Syllabus for Class 1 CBSE Mathematics you can download everything free
Planning your studies as per syllabus given on studiestoday for Class 1 subject Mathematics can help you to score better marks in exams
Yes, studiestoday.com provides all latest CBSE Class 1 Mathematics Syllabus with suggested books for current academic session
Yes, studiestoday provides curriculum in Pdf for Class 1 Mathematics in mobile-friendly format and can be accessed on smartphones and tablets.
Yes, syllabus for Class 1 Mathematics is available in multiple languages, including English, Hindi