CBSE Class I English
Download Class 1 English worksheets and assignments with important questions, Sample Paper and Question Papers with solutions for practice, also download NCERT books and other study material prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for class 1 English worksheets, assignments, syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, Sample papers and last year solved question papers
CBSE Class 1 English covers topics like a happy child three little pigs, after a bath, the bubble the straw and the shoe, one little kitten, lalu and peelu, once I saw a little bird, mittu and the yellow mango, merry go round, circle, if I were an apple, our tree, a kite, sundari, a little turtle, the tiger and the mosquito, clouds, anandis rainbow, flying man, the tailor and his friends. Download Sample Papers, Guess Papers, Last year question papers, Latest Syllabus, easy to learn and understand concepts of all chapters. Also includes Revision worksheets and easy to learn study notes based on CBSE NCERT guidelines
The students who are studying in Class 1 English should be able to perform the following activities :
- Name common objects like man, dog etc. when pictures are shown
- Use familiar and simple words (‘bat’, ‘pen’, ‘cat’) as examples to reproduce the starting sound and letter (/b/, /p/, /k/ etc)
- Develop phonemic awareness through activities focusing on different sounds, emerging from the words in stories and texts.
- Sing/recite collectively songs/poems/rhymes with action.
- Listen to stories, and humorous incidents and interact in English/home language and solve some Worksheets for Class 1 English which have been exclusively provided on StudiesToday.com.
- Ask simple questions like names of characters from the story, incidents that he/she likes in the story, etc. (Ensure clear lip movement for children with hearing impairment to lip ear.)
- Draw/scribble pictures/ images from the story as preliminary to writing.
- Respond in home language/English/sign language/non-verbal expressions what he/she has understood in the story/poem.
- Use greetings like “good morning”, “thank you” and have polite conversations in English like “what is your name?”, “how are you?” etc and solve some Sample Papers for Class 1 English
- Say 2-3 sentences describing familiar objects and places such as family photographs, shops, parks etc.
- Give examples of common blend sounds in words like ‘brick’, ‘brother’, ‘frog’, ‘friend’ etc.