Download Class 1 English worksheets and assignments with important questions, Sample Paper and Question Papers with solutions for practice, also download NCERT books and other study material prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for class 1 English worksheets, assignments, syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, Sample papers and last year solved question papers
The students who are studying in Class 1 English should be able to perform the following activities :
- Name common objects like man, dog etc. when pictures are shown
- Use familiar and simple words (‘bat’, ‘pen’, ‘cat’) as examples to reproduce the starting sound and letter (/b/, /p/, /k/ etc)
- Develop phonemic awareness through activities focusing on different sounds, emerging from the words in stories and texts.
- Sing/recite collectively songs/poems/rhymes with action.
- Listen to stories, and humorous incidents and interact in English/home language and solve some Worksheets for Class 1 English which have been exclusively provided on StudiesToday.com.
- Ask simple questions like names of characters from the story, incidents that he/she likes in the story, etc. (Ensure clear lip movement for children with hearing impairment to lip ear.)
- Draw/scribble pictures/ images from the story as preliminary to writing.
- Respond in home language/English/sign language/non-verbal expressions what he/she has understood in the story/poem.
- Use greetings like “good morning”, “thank you” and have polite conversations in English like “what is your name?”, “how are you?” etc and solve some Sample Papers for Class 1 English
- Say 2-3 sentences describing familiar objects and places such as family photographs, shops, parks etc.
- Give examples of common blend sounds in words like ‘brick’, ‘brother’, ‘frog’, ‘friend’ etc.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
Procedure for correction in Name and Date of Birth in CBSE records Name Change: Applications regarding changes in name or surname of candidates will be considered provided the changes have been admitted by the Court of law and notified in the Government Gazette before...
Keeping in view the requests received from various State Governments and the changed circumstances as on date, following has been decided- 1. Examinations for classes X and XII which were scheduled from 1st July to 15th, 2020 stand cancelled. 2. Assessment of the...
CBSE has announced the datesheet for the remaining exams of class 10 and class 12 exams. The exams are going to start in July. The class 10 and 12th board exams will be conducted for the remaining 29 papers from July 1 to July 15, 2020, at various centers nominated by...
CBSE has issued a public advisory for all students to be careful from unscrupulous persons impersonating themselves as officers/officials of CBSE. These people have been contacting parents and have been telling them that they have access to student marks data for Board...