Download Class 1 English worksheets and assignments with important questions, Sample Paper and Question Papers with solutions for practice, also download NCERT books and other study material prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for class 1 English worksheets, assignments, syllabus, NCERT CBSE books, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, Sample papers and last year solved question papers
The students who are studying in Class 1 English should be able to perform the following activities :
- Name common objects like man, dog etc. when pictures are shown
- Use familiar and simple words (‘bat’, ‘pen’, ‘cat’) as examples to reproduce the starting sound and letter (/b/, /p/, /k/ etc)
- Develop phonemic awareness through activities focusing on different sounds, emerging from the words in stories and texts.
- Sing/recite collectively songs/poems/rhymes with action.
- Listen to stories, and humorous incidents and interact in English/home language and solve some Worksheets for Class 1 English which have been exclusively provided on StudiesToday.com.
- Ask simple questions like names of characters from the story, incidents that he/she likes in the story, etc. (Ensure clear lip movement for children with hearing impairment to lip ear.)
- Draw/scribble pictures/ images from the story as preliminary to writing.
- Respond in home language/English/sign language/non-verbal expressions what he/she has understood in the story/poem.
- Use greetings like “good morning”, “thank you” and have polite conversations in English like “what is your name?”, “how are you?” etc and solve some Sample Papers for Class 1 English
- Say 2-3 sentences describing familiar objects and places such as family photographs, shops, parks etc.
- Give examples of common blend sounds in words like ‘brick’, ‘brother’, ‘frog’, ‘friend’ etc.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
Competency is a set of skills, abilities, knowledge that helps an individual perform a given task in real life. Every learning should go into the imbibing of these skills to lead a productive and joyful life. The NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY-2020 calls for shift towards...
Training of CBSE School Teachers on Olabs in collaboration with C-DAC Mumbai: OLabs is a platform jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Telecommunications, Government of India, CDAC, and Amrita University to facilitate a virtual experience of CBSE...
The National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti in collaboration with Kalantar Art Trust is organizing KALANTAR-2020: National Online Painting Championship with the aim to provide a platform to youth and school children to demonstrate their artistic skills...
As a part of Shikshak Parv celebration, an online quiz competition on National Education Policy 2020 will be organized by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, from 5 th September to 25th September 2020 in order to create awareness about NEP among all stakeholders...
Kids are the Future of our Country! Outlines have changed and so should the formats of existence! It is the best time to teach our kids the pleasure of Self-Discipline, Self-Realization and Self-Control. To keep the future generation safe in such unpredictable...
Revised SOP on preventive measures to be followed while conducting examinations to contain spread of COVID-19 issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Examination centres are frequented by large number of students (as well as their parents) and staff till the...