Download Class 1 Mathematics worksheets and assignments with important questions and answers, Sample Papers and Past year question papers with solutions and other study material available for free download in pdf. Prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 1 mathematics worksheets, assignments, latest syllabus, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, Sample papers and last year solved Question Papers
As students of class 1 mathematics refer to NCERT and CBSE books to enhance their skills for Class 1 mathematics, the student should be provided chances in pairs/groups/ individually and encouraged to the following activities:
- The students should observe different contexts and situations from the immediate environment such as things that are inside/outside the classroom. They may be encouraged to use spatial vocabulary/ concepts like top-bottom, onunder, inside-outside, above-below, nearfar, before-after, thin- thick, big-small etc.
- The students should identify and draw the things which are nearfar, tall-short, thick-thin, etc.
- The students should be able to handle concrete materials or models and classify them. For example, objects which are round in shape such as chapati, ball, etc and those which are not round such as pencil box.
- The students should count objects, for instance, students may take out objects up to 9 from a given collection of objects such as picking any 8 leaves /4 beads/6 ice-cream sticks etc, from the given box. This can be done with the help of worksheets for class 1 mathematics
- The students should take out objects or any other item available up to 20 from a given collection of objects and use them for the activity to enhance their skills in class 1 maths.
- The class 1 students should use words like more than, less than or equal through the strategy of one to one correspondence in objects in two groups. Parents should use them in daily conversation with kids.
- The students should consider different strategies to add numbers up to 9 like counting on forward and using already known addition facts
- The students should evolve different strategies to subtract numbers up to 9 as for example, recounting after taking out objects from a given collection. Daily home made activities can also be identified by parents in their day to day activities which will help them to learn maths for class 1. Parents can also download Sample Papers for Class 1 Maths to practice these principles.
- Parents can help the students to use different strategies like aggregation, counting forward, using addition facts, etc. to extend addition up to 20 (sum not exceeding 20)
- Teachers should develop different strategies of subtraction through taking away objects/ pictures
- If possible the students should count in groups of tens and ones for numbers more than 20 e.g. 38 has 3 groups/bundles of ten each and 8 loose (ones) sort objects based on similarities and differences through their sense of touch and observations
- You can also try to verbalise the properties of shapes/criterion used by them in sorting/ classifying solids/ shapes
- Try to use concrete play money for making amounts up to Rs 20
- You can also try to find short lengths in their immediate environment using non uniform units like finger, hand span, length of a forearm, footsteps, etc.
- Teachers should initiate conduct classroom discussions on learner observations of pattern and allow them to describe in their own language. Let children find what will come next and justify their answer. Parents can also do this at home as this will enhance class 1 students skills to interpret what they have learned.
- The above activities and suggestions will help students for class 1 to observe and collect information from the visuals, contexts/ situations such as number of items but make sure you refer to latest syllabus for Maths class 1 on regular basis while studying maths.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
Green Olympiad is a value driven project conducted by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) for school students annually since 1999. This Olympiad assesses the environment quotient of students and also enhances their understanding on issues related to sustainable...
Revised SOP on preventive measures to be followed while conducting examinations to contain spread of COVID-19 issued by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Examination centres are frequented by large number of students (as well as their parents) and staff till the...
CBSE has advised schools to follow the Alternative Calendar developed by NCERT to continue education during the lockdown through alternative modes to achieve learning outcomes. Schools have reportedly started using these calendars and other prescribed pedagogical...
As a part of Shikshak Parv celebration, an online quiz competition on National Education Policy 2020 will be organized by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India, from 5 th September to 25th September 2020 in order to create awareness about NEP among all stakeholders...
Kids are the Future of our Country! Outlines have changed and so should the formats of existence! It is the best time to teach our kids the pleasure of Self-Discipline, Self-Realization and Self-Control. To keep the future generation safe in such unpredictable...
Training of CBSE School Teachers on Olabs in collaboration with C-DAC Mumbai: OLabs is a platform jointly developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Telecommunications, Government of India, CDAC, and Amrita University to facilitate a virtual experience of CBSE...