Download Class 1 Mathematics worksheets and assignments with important questions and answers, Sample Papers and Past year question papers with solutions and other study material available for free download in pdf. Prepared based on latest guidelines, term examination pattern and blueprint issued by CBSE and NCERT
Click below for Class 1 mathematics worksheets, assignments, latest syllabus, easy to learn concepts and study notes of all chapters, Sample papers and last year solved Question Papers
As students of class 1 mathematics refer to NCERT and CBSE books to enhance their skills for Class 1 mathematics, the student should be provided chances in pairs/groups/ individually and encouraged to the following activities:
- The students should observe different contexts and situations from the immediate environment such as things that are inside/outside the classroom. They may be encouraged to use spatial vocabulary/ concepts like top-bottom, onunder, inside-outside, above-below, nearfar, before-after, thin- thick, big-small etc.
- The students should identify and draw the things which are nearfar, tall-short, thick-thin, etc.
- The students should be able to handle concrete materials or models and classify them. For example, objects which are round in shape such as chapati, ball, etc and those which are not round such as pencil box.
- The students should count objects, for instance, students may take out objects up to 9 from a given collection of objects such as picking any 8 leaves /4 beads/6 ice-cream sticks etc, from the given box. This can be done with the help of worksheets for class 1 mathematics
- The students should take out objects or any other item available up to 20 from a given collection of objects and use them for the activity to enhance their skills in class 1 maths.
- The class 1 students should use words like more than, less than or equal through the strategy of one to one correspondence in objects in two groups. Parents should use them in daily conversation with kids.
- The students should consider different strategies to add numbers up to 9 like counting on forward and using already known addition facts
- The students should evolve different strategies to subtract numbers up to 9 as for example, recounting after taking out objects from a given collection. Daily home made activities can also be identified by parents in their day to day activities which will help them to learn maths for class 1. Parents can also download Sample Papers for Class 1 Maths to practice these principles.
- Parents can help the students to use different strategies like aggregation, counting forward, using addition facts, etc. to extend addition up to 20 (sum not exceeding 20)
- Teachers should develop different strategies of subtraction through taking away objects/ pictures
- If possible the students should count in groups of tens and ones for numbers more than 20 e.g. 38 has 3 groups/bundles of ten each and 8 loose (ones) sort objects based on similarities and differences through their sense of touch and observations
- You can also try to verbalise the properties of shapes/criterion used by them in sorting/ classifying solids/ shapes
- Try to use concrete play money for making amounts up to Rs 20
- You can also try to find short lengths in their immediate environment using non uniform units like finger, hand span, length of a forearm, footsteps, etc.
- Teachers should initiate conduct classroom discussions on learner observations of pattern and allow them to describe in their own language. Let children find what will come next and justify their answer. Parents can also do this at home as this will enhance class 1 students skills to interpret what they have learned.
- The above activities and suggestions will help students for class 1 to observe and collect information from the visuals, contexts/ situations such as number of items but make sure you refer to latest syllabus for Maths class 1 on regular basis while studying maths.
Latest NCERT & CBSE News
Read the latest news and announcements from NCERT and CBSE below. Important updates relating to your studies which will help you to keep yourself updated with latest happenings in school level education. Keep yourself updated with all latest news and also read articles from teachers which will help you to improve your studies, increase motivation level and promote faster learning
CBSE Board has decided to introduce Art-Integrated Project work for classes I to X to promote Art-Integrated Learning in schools to make teaching learning Competency-Based and joyful. As part of this, at least one Art-Integrated Project in each subject shall be taken...
According to the recent announcement of CBSE, the pending Class 10 and 12 Board exams are going to be held from 01 July to 15 July 2020 in India. Along with this, it has also been decided to resume the free of cost tele-counseling service for students from 9.30 am to 5...
CBSE has announced the datesheet for the remaining exams of class 10 and class 12 exams. The exams are going to start in July. The class 10 and 12th board exams will be conducted for the remaining 29 papers from July 1 to July 15, 2020, at various centers nominated by...
CBSE has issued a public advisory for all students to be careful from unscrupulous persons impersonating themselves as officers/officials of CBSE. These people have been contacting parents and have been telling them that they have access to student marks data for Board...
CBSE has instructed almost 3000 schools to start the evaluation work for class 10th and class 12th board exam answer sheets from today. The checking of answer sheets for class 10th and class 12th was stopped earlier due to covid crisis in the country. Now in order to...