CBSE Class 5 General Knowledge Sample Paper Set D. Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
Q1. Multiple choice question : 5x1=5
i) Which book is written by ‘Kalidas’?
a) Discovery of India b) The Guide
c) Meghdoot d) War and peace ______
ii) How many triangles are there in the given figure ?
a) 5 b) 6
c) 8 d) 10 ______
iii) Who is known as ‘the birdman of India’ ?
a) M.C. Mehta b) Salim Ali
c) Sundarlal Bhuguna d) None of these ______
iv) A person who is incharge of collection of books _____
a) Auditor b) Cartoonist
c) Librarian d) Conductor ______
v) Name the book in which collection of photographs and postage stamps etc. can be kept _______
a) diary b) album
c) document d) Both a and b ______
vi) Who is the author of book ‘Gitanjali’ ?
a) Rabindranath Tagor b) R. K. Narayan
c) Kalidas d) Abul Fazl ______
vii) Find the odd number out?
a) 10 b) 25 c) 40 d) 28 ______
viii) A person who repairs taps and pipes?
a) Plumber b) Stationer c) lanner d) Tailor ______
ix) Who is known for her role in ‘Narmada Bachao Andolan’?
a) Gaura Devi b) Kalpna Chawla
c) Indira Gandhi d) Medha Palkar ______
x) Hindu – Arabic numeral for LXXXV is ______________
a) 75 b) 85 c) 95 d) 105 ______
Q2. Fill in the blanks. 6x½=3
[ Dainik Bhaskar, Albert Einstein, Botany, comedy, great bustard, coconut ]
1. _________________________ is one of the largest flying birds.
2. A play that deals with everyday life and humerous is called _________________
3. The largest selling Hindi Daily is the _______________________________
4. _____________________ was awarded the nobel prize for photoelectric effect.
5. Scientific study of plants is called ___________________.
6. _____________________ trees are found near the seaside and beaches.
Q3. Match the following. 8x½=4
1. Discovery of India a. R. K. Narayan
2. Anand Math b. Zoology
3. Scientific study of animals c. Jawaharlal Nehru
4. Thermometer d. Bald Eagle
5. A penson who draws cartoons e. Bankimchandra Chatterjee
6. The Guide f. Galileo
7. Book for daily records g. Cartoonist
8. National bird of U.S.A. h. Diary
Q4. True / False 6x½=3
1. Gazal always buys over packaged goods. ________
2. Alexander Flaming discovered ‘Penicillin’ ________
3. Radha opens windows and curtains during day time _______
4. Arhan does not pass on his old books to younger students _______
5. We should wear a helmet for safety reasons _______
6. Param uses heater for a long time when it is cold _______
Q5. Name the following : 5x1=5
(i) Name the tallest of all living animals who sleeps deeply only for five minutes ……………………
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 5 General Knowledge Sample Paper Set D.