CBSE Class 8 English Question Paper Set B.You can download the past year question papers in pdf format with solutions from the links below. The students should practice the question papers of last year which will help them to understand the pattern on the papers and will help them to practice for the exams. You can download the question papers for last 10 years free by clicking links below. Refer to the extract below and download the full pdf file of question papers below.
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow.
1. While it is a very well known fact that yoga, certain kinds of music and some calming foods, are known to relieve stress, the latest trend is the search for certain scents with calming properties that can help a person to unwind and soothe the nerves.
2. One such scent that is now being touted as having calming properties is lavender. It has long been a popular ingredient used in most spas as the scent is believed to help one sleep better. To test its properties one can opt for a lotion with lavender as its ingredient. An even better option is to spray scent on the pillow for a sound sleep.
3. Everyone has heard of mint chutney that is served with samosas and pakoras, but few would think of applying a mint–based paste on one’s body. Yet this is just what is recommended for those who would like a smooth and purifying effect on the mind, brought about by this application.
4. Citrus fruits are not only good for health but also serve as good mood lifters. Sniffing lemon zest is believed to soothe over stress and the smell of grapefruit is known to curb depression. Other advantages include memory enhancement from smelling oranges. Even the zest of anorange can make one fell energetic. Therapists also recommend that one can light an orangescented candle by one’s side, in the bath, and imbibe the same benefits.
5. For that nagging headache that comes on whenever you step out into the scorching sun, there is yet a cure available from the array of calming scents. According to some researchers sniffing at a green apple cannot only cure a headache, but help alleviate it altogether.
6. The latest finding about the calming properties of scents has entered the realm of roses. Since time immemorial the flower has been associated with happiness, love and joy. With this new finding, it will now embody an additional quality – that of relieving stress. The ideal way to prove it would be to use a rose-scented soap or massage with rose-scented body oil before going under the shower.
1.a.) What does the latest research into scents reveal?
b.)What are the latest findings about the properties of lavender?
Please click the link below to download the full pdf file for CBSE Class 8 English Question Paper Set B.
Click for more English Study Material ›