CBSE Class 5 Mathematics Syllabus A available in Pdf for free download. The latest syllabus for Class 5 Mathematics have been issued by CBSE based on which Grade 5 students will have to prepare for examinations by CBSE, NCERT and KVS in Standard 5. The latest CBSE syllabus has been used to design NCERT book for Class 5 Mathematics based on which exams for Grade 5 Mathematics will be conducted. Refer to MCQ Questions for Class 5 Mathematics with answers and also download more latest study material for all subjects
Mathematics A Class 5 CBSE Syllabus
Class 5 Mathematics students should refer to the following curriculum for NCERT Class 5 Mathematics A. These CBSE NCERT KVS Syllabus for Grade 5 Mathematics will be very useful for preparing for upcoming exams and help you to score good marks
Mathematics A CBSE Syllabus Class 5
Geometry (16 hrs.) SHAPES & SPATIAL UNDERSTANDING
• Gets the feel of perspective while drawing a 3-D object in 2-D.
• Gets the feel of an angle through observation and paper folding.
• Identifies right angles in the environment.
• Classifies angles into right, acute and obtuse angles.
• Represents right angle, acute angle and obtuse angle by drawing and tracing.
• Explores intuitively rotations and reflections of familiar 2-D shapes.
• Explores intuitively symmetry in familiar 3-D shapes.
• Makes the shapes of cubes, cylinders and cones using nets especially designed for this purpose.
Numbers (40 hrs.) NUMBERS AND OPERATIONS
• Finds place value in numbers beyond 1000.
• Appreciates the role of place value
in addition, subtraction and multiplication algorithms.
• Uses infor mal and standard division algorithms.
• Explains the meaning of factors and multiples.
• Estimates sums, differences, products and quotients and verifies using approximation.
• Finds the fractional part of a collection.
• Compares fractions.
• Identifies equivalent fractions.
• Uses decimal fractions in the context of units of length and money
• Expresses a given fraction in decimal notation and vice versa.
Money (5 hrs.)
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving money.
Measurement (26 hrs.) LENGTH
• Determines area and perimeter of simple geometrical figures.
• Applies the four operations in solving problems involving length, weight and volume.
• Relates commonly used larger and smaller units of length, weight and volume and converts one to the other.
• Applies simple fractions to quantities.
• Converts fractional larger unit into complete smaller units.
• Appreciates volume of a solid body: intuitively and also by informal measurement.
• Uses addition and subtraction in finding time intervals in simple cases.
Data Handling (6 hrs.)
• Collects two-dimensional quantitative data. represents the data in the form of a table.
• Draws a bar graph or a pictograph to present a data.
Patterns (6 hrs.)
• Identifies patterns in square numbers, triangular numbers.
• Relates sequences of odd numbers between consecutive square numbers.
• Makes border strip and tiling patterns.