CBSE Class 5 NCERT English Syllabus available in Pdf for free download. The latest syllabus for Class 5 English have been issued by CBSE based on which Grade 5 students will have to prepare for examinations by CBSE, NCERT and KVS in Standard 5. The latest CBSE syllabus has been used to design NCERT book for Class 5 English based on which exams for Grade 5 English will be conducted. Refer to MCQ Questions for Class 5 English with answers and also download more latest study material for all subjects
English Class 5 CBSE Syllabus
Class 5 English students should refer to the following curriculum for NCERT Class 5 English. These CBSE NCERT KVS Syllabus for Grade 5 English will be very useful for preparing for upcoming exams and help you to score good marks
English CBSE Syllabus Class 5
Primary Level (Class - V)
The demand for English at the initial stage of schooling is evident in the mushrooming of private ‘English medium’ schools and in the early introduction of English as a subject across the states/UTs of the country. Though the problems of feasibility and preparedness are still to be solved satisfactorily, there is a general expectation that the educational system must respond to people’s aspiration and need for English. Within the eight years of education guaranteed to every child, it should be possible in the span of 5 years to ensure basic English language proficiency including basis literacy skills of reading and writing.
The general objectives at this level are:
• to provide print-rich environment to relate oracy with literacy.
• to build on learners’ readiness for reading and writing.
• to promote learners’ conceptualisation of printed texts in terms of headings, paragraphs and horizontal lines.
• to enrich learners’ vocabulary mainly through telling, retelling and reading aloud of stories/folktales in English.
• to use appropriate spoken and written language in meaningful contexts/situations.
• to give them an opportunity to listen to sounds/sound techniques and appreciate the rhythm and music of rhymes/sounds.
• to enable them to relate words (mainly in poems) with appropriate actions and thereby provide understanding of the language.
• to familiarize learners with the basic process of writing.
• At the end of this stage learners will be able to do the following:
• narrate his/her experiences and incidents
• exchange his/her ideas with the peers
• carry out a brief conversation involving seeking/giving information
• enjoy reading a story, poem, a short write-up, a notice, poster etc
• take dictation of simple sentences and to practise copy writing from the blackboard and textbook and to use common punctuation marks
• write a short description of a person, thing or place – prepare a notice, or write a message for someone
• write a short composition based on pictures
• take part in group activity, role play and dramatization
At the primary level, knowledge of grammar is to be seen mainly as a process of discovering uses and functions of items through exposure to spoken and written inputs. However, for material writers, teachers and evaluators, the following items may provide a framework of reference.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 5 NCERT English Syllabus
Click for more English Study Material ›