CBSE Class 9 PSA Social Studies Sample Paper 2015
Sample Papers are the very important for every student. The sample papers should be practiced to gain extra marks in examinations. The sample papers have been prepared based on summative assessment1 and summative assessment 2 pattern. The sample papers have been prepared based on pattern of last year examinations and as per latest changes in the syllabus. Students, teachers and parents can download all CBSE educational material and very well prepared worksheets from this website. All CBSE educational material is developed by our panel of teachers, have also been submitted by CBSE teachers and students.
1. The game of cricket was invented in?
a. England b. India
c. Australia d. Pakistan
2. President can declare emergency when
A. Prime Minister advises him to do so
b. Parliament asks him to do so
c. The council of ministers in writing advises him to do so?
d. Home minister asks him to do so
3. Creation of Buffer stock is necessary to
A. Avoids shortage of food.
B. Distribute food grain in the deficit areas
C. Maintains equal distribution of food.
D. All of the above
4. Which of the following can be both a cause as well as a consequence of poverty?
a. Poverty as seen by social scientist.
b. Social Exclusion.
5. Which of the following institutions can make changes to an existing law of the country?
a. The Supreme Court
b. The President
c. The Prime Minister
d. The Parliament.
Q.6 Read the passage and answer the following questions:-
Mahatma Gandhi believed that the sport was essential for creating a balance between the body and the mind.
However, he often emphasized that games like cricket and hockey were imported into India by the British and
were replacing the traditional games such games as cricket, hockey, football and tennis were for the privileged.
Now let us examine our body. Are we supposed to cultivate the body by playing tennis, football or cricket for an
hour every day? A trained body is healthy, vigorous and sinewy. The hands and feet can do any desired work. A
pickaxe, shovel, and a hammer are like ornaments to a trained hand and it can wield them …..
1. What is the importance of sports in your life?
2. ‘Cricket was introduced as an imperial game.’ Explain.
3. Why did Gandhiji term a hammer and a shovel as good as ornaments?
4. Why was Gandhiji upset over the introduction of cricket in India?
Please click the below link to access CBSE Class 9 PSA Social Studies Sample Paper 2015