With the increasing number of new technologies and an increasing global population, self-study is growing. Education is no longer restricted to just the classroom. For high school self-study is very important because class 10 and class 12 sets the base for life. Also, self-studying habits help high school students in preparing for a more independent learning environment in college.
Download Reproductive Health Class 12 notes prepared by expert Science teachers from the latest edition of NCERT books.
Well, when parents are booking seats for their private tuition at least two years in advance, there are some students in the city, who have set an example by scoring 90% and more through self-study. It’s a matter of habit that they have to introduce in themselves to score well in the board exams.
In higher education, students should be given especially important projects and self-education material, so that they can exercise and develop intellectual independence and explore those subjects they personally find interesting. A study shows that in addition to being more affordable and convenient, self-study keeps the classroom learning away from effectiveness. Self-study and traditional classroom teaching complement each other. When used together, they help students learn and maintain better information; However, the world is becoming fully accustomed to the benefits of self-education.
Although it is unlikely that the classroom will ever be completely replaced as an educational platform, because the advantage of a physical location for co-operation with intellectual and social development is indisputable, in the possibility of self-teaching in traditional academic institutions will be integrated fast. Students of all ages can find a topic of interest or learn a new skill at their own time, and at low cost, to be rewarded better. After all, the spirit of independence and self-determination can come with being your own teacher, because it is believed that if people start learning, what they really want, thirst for knowledge will spread to other subjects.
Get a collection of CBSE Class 12 Economics chapter wise notes.
There is a lot of discipline in self-learning, and it can be difficult at first, but like any attempt, it becomes easier over time. Self-study is a very effective learning tool and it can also be helpful when used to prepare for a test or learn an entirely new subject matter on your own.
Here are some suggestions for the practice of successful self-study:
- Set realistic goals: Determining work goals for yourself, which are really important to fit your life and other commitments while building self-study habits are important. You can create a time table for doing a thing in time.
- Find what works for you: There are many ways to learn. So, it is necessary to adjust studying techniques which are best suited for you. You need to spot the time which works best for you and make use of that.
- Meditate: Meditating even for a period of 15-20 minutes per day will significantly improve your concentration levels.
- Avoid Distractions and maintain your study environment: Sit in a place where there is a comfortable environment free of any distractions. It is crucial to create a study environment for yourself while studying.
- Study in short, frequent sessions: Instead of treating your study session like as a long race, You should study in a series of short sessions separated by short breaks. In this way, you will not stare at your books or computer for a long time while you are wearing your focus, and your brain can easily absorb the material. Besides, studying in short sessions is a more effective way to learn new things and also for self-study.
Click here to get CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 in PDF format and prepare effectively for your exam.
Self-study is a useful tool to enhance any learning experience, and when mastered, young and old students take advantage. Whether applied to studying for the CBSE Board exam or exploring new material independently, self-studying can lead to new opportunities academically and professionally.