CBSE Class 10 Social Science Civics Outcomes of Democracy Assignment. Prepared by teachers of one of the best CBSE schools in Delhi. Based on CBSE and NCERT guidelines. The students should practice these assignments to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
Q.1:- How does democracy produce an accountable, responsive and legitimate government?
Ans.:- 1. Democracy is a form of govt. in which people rule themselves through the representatives who are elected by them
2. The elected members from the govt. and make policies and run the administration of the country.
3. The govt. elected by the people is also accountable to them.
Q.2:- List the various aspects and qualifications which help in giving a clear definition of democracy.
Ans.:- 1. The rulers elected by the people must take all the major decisions
2. Elections must offer a choice and fair opportunity to the people to change the existing rulers.
3. Choice and opportunity should be available to all the people on an equal basis
4. Besides political rights, some social and economical rights are offered to the citizens by the democracy.
5. Power sharing is the spirit of democracy and is necessary between government and social groups in a democracy.
Q.3:- “Democratic governments are better than its alternatives”. Explain the statement?
Ans.:- 1. Democratic government is a legitimate government
2. It may be slow, less efficient, not always very responsive or clean. But it is the people’s own govt.
3. There is overwhelming support for the idea of democracy all over the world ; in countries with democratic regimes as well as countries without democratic regimes.
Q.4:- How democracy accommodates social diversity?
Ans.:- 1. It is necessary to understand that democracy is not simply rule by majority opinion. The majority always needs to work with the minority so that governments function to represent the general view.
2. It is also necessary that rule by majority does not become rule by majority community. In terms of religion, or race or linguistics groups. Rule by majority means that in case of every decision or in case of every election, different persons or groups may and can form a majority.
3. Democracy remains a democracy only as long as every citizen has a choice of living in majority, at some point of time.
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 10 Social Science Civics Outcomes of Democracy Assignment
Click for more Civics Study Material ›