ISC Syllabus Business Studies 2012. Download the latest syllabus to do your studies as per the latest guidelines issued by CBSE NCERT. The syllabus, weightage of chapters, blue print of question papers and the design of question papers is issued every year for the benefit of students. Access all syllabus for all subjects here.
BUSINESS STUDIES (859)
1. To enable candidates to know the basic structure of a business organisation.
2. To acquaint candidates with the various functions conducted therein.
3. To provide preliminary practice on the functional aspects of an office organisation.
4. To provide candidates with a preliminary idea of an office environment.
There will be one paper of 3 hours duration of 100 marks and divided into 2 parts.
Part 1 (30 marks) will consist of compulsory short answer questions testing knowledge, application and skills relating to elementary / fundamental aspects of the entire syllabus.
Part 2 (70 marks) will consist of seven questions out of which the candidate will be required to answer five questions, each carrying 14 marks.
1. The Office
Specific Objectives - At the end of this section pupils should be able to -
• understand the process of evolution of the modern office.
• describe the functions of an office.
• enlist various services essential for the functioning of an office.
• differentiate between centralisation and decentralisation of office services.
• identify and define functions of various departments of a large office.
(i) Meaning and evolution of the modern office.
(ii) Functions of an office.
(iii) Office services - secretarial support, record management, distribution of mail, control of stationery, reception, operation of switchboards, duplicating and copying, etc.
(iv) Centralisation or decentralisation of office services.
(v) Departments in a large office: production; personnel; marketing; finance and accounting; secretarial.
(vi) Role of the office as an information processing centre.
(vii) Office Manager: functions and his qualities.
2. Office Accommodation and Environment
Specific Objectives: At the end of this section pupils should be able to -
• explain the factors to be considered at the time of selecting an office accommodation.
• identify the principles and purposes of an office layout.
• describe the advantages and defects of open and private office layouts.
• describe the special features of landscaped office.
• state the environmental factors that affect the working in an office.
(i) Meaning of office accommodation.
(ii) Principles and factors involved in the selection of office site.
(iii) Office layout: meaning; purposes; principles; steps; types.
(iv) Physical factors: outline of the effects of - lighting, ventilation, noise, cleanliness, etc. on the office work.
Please click the link below to download ISC Syllabus Business Studies 2012.
Click for more Business Studies Study Material ›