ICSE Syllabus Modern Foreign Language Group 1 - 2013. Download the latest syllabus to do your studies as per the latest guidelines issued by CBSE NCERT. The syllabus, weightage of chapters, blue print of question papers and the design of question papers is issued every year for the benefit of students. Access all syllabus for all subjects here.
MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
(Candidates opting for a Modern Foreign Language as a Second Language in Group I may not opt for the same language under Modern Foreign Languages in Group II and Group III).
The Question Papers will be set in Modern Foreign Languages on request. The rubric for all the Modern Foreign Languages will be the same. The French (27), German (28) and Spanish (36) Scope of Syllabus of the Grammar portion has been defined in detail and the Teaching and Resource books are also listed.
1. To develop and integrate the use of the four language skills i.e. listening, speaking, reading and writing.
2. To use the language effectively and appropriately on topics of everyday life situations.
3. To develop an interest in the appreciation of the language.
4. To develop an intercultural awareness.
5. To enhance the ability of the candidates to express their ideas and feelings in their own words and for them to understand the use of correct language.
6. To appreciate the language as an effective means of communication.
7. To understand language when spoken at normal conversational speed in everyday life situations.
8. To understand the basic structural patterns of the language, vocabulary and constructions.
CLASSES IX AND X
There will be one paper of three hours duration carrying 80 marks and Internal Assessment of 20 marks.
Candidates will be required to write, in the language, one short composition which may include short explanations, directions, descriptions or narratives. There will be a choice of subjects which will be varied and may be suggested by language or other stimuli such as pictures or objects.
Candidates will be required to write a letter from a choice of either a formal or an informal letter.
Suggestions may be given. The layout of the letter with address, introduction, conclusion, etc., will form part of the assessment.
An unseen passage of about 150 words will be given in the language. Questions based on the given passage, will be set, to be answered in the language, so as to test the candidates’ understanding of the content of the passage.
This will consist of tests in vocabulary, syntax and idiom, e.g., synthesis in sentence construction, formation of sentences in correctly embodying given words or forms. The question will not require detailed knowledge of grammatical definitions.
5. Translation and/or Dialogue Writing:
• One short passage will be set for translation from the language into English.
• One passage will be set for translation from English into the language.
• Dialogue writing (Around 150 words) based on situations faced in everyday life. Hints may be given.
Communication (oral and written) skills that can be covered from any book used for teaching:
• Self, Family and Friends
• Important Events
• Interests and Hobbies
Please click the link below to download ICSE Syllabus Modern Foreign Language Group 1 - 2013.
Click for more Modern Foreign Language - Group 1 Study Material ›