The intend of this article is to guide the students about the course of action they should follow once they receive the CBSE question papers in the school as well as board examination centre. Before initiating the examination there are few key aspects which the students need to take care. The following mentioned do’s and don’ts will facilitate the students to communicate in the most efficient way which will lead them to their desired results.
There is one common thing which all students will acknowledge. Some might say it, others might not! But for sure all the students experience it. There is a common anxiety point, the moment when the examination paper is distributed. It is that tick time when a common thought comes in mind of almost all the students that, what should they do as soon as they receive the board examination paper? How should they go about dealing with it? What is the best way to perform in the board examination?
Moving forward in the article, let us discuss the solution for all these questions in detail. It is always easy to understand a particular thing if marked in steps. Thus, let us go through the below mentioned steps to make the process simpler in turn reducing the anxiety level while performing the board examination.
- Step 1: The first and foremost step which is the key deciding factor for the students to achieve the desired results in the board examination is training of their mind. If we look at life with a broader prospective, it is simply a ‘Game of Mind’. So, in the school or board examinations also to bring down the anxiety levels, the students need to tell their mind that the question paper in front is nothing more than a routine evaluation step which will add value to their life. This thought will help the students to calm down and start the paper without stress with positivity of learning. And it’s a proven fact that anything done with a composed and positive mind set leads to a better and optimum result.
- Step 2: Now, the second most important step is the check point. The students should examine the question paper thoroughly before starting to write. Many a times there are missing words, numbers or at times missing questions or pages due to printing or other errors. It is essential for all students to give first 2-3 minutes to check the serial numbers, page numbers and questions properly for such faults and immediately inform the invigilator about the same in case of need. If such faults are realised in between or towards the end of attempting the question paper, it can create lot of panic and can also affect the performance of the student.
- Step 3: The third step gives the first imprint on the answer sheet. Before writing the answers of the mentioned questions, the students need to fill in the required credentials like name, class, school, roll number, subject, etc., on the first page of the examination paper. This information should be entered very carefully with utmost peace because this necessary information gives the students the right credit of the knowledge and hard work they put in the papers and throughout the year. Many times, students perform the board exam very nicely but due to stress and hurry miss on the most important information on the question paper. This should be absolutely avoided by all means!
- Step 4: Usually the school exams and also the board examination papers are provided 15 minutes before the bell of commencement rings. This is the time the students need to read and understand the questions thoroughly. Understanding of the question paper is important as accordingly the students can strategies and prioritise. Priority should be decided according to one’s individual understanding of the subject. Students should prioritise the questions they are thorough with and attempt the ones they find difficult in the end. This will channelize their energies and time in the most appropriate way.
- Step 5: Every student sitting for the examination gets 3 hours to conclude the exam. Separate sections have distinct difficulty level and require individual time and efforts to justify it accordingly. Thus it becomes essential for the students to strategically allot the time in hand properly for available sections. Time should be decided including the details and diagrams needed to be made along with the answers. Deciding the time limit of the sections will help the students to complete the exam in the granted time efficiently justifying each section. School assignments can be downloaded from here free.
- Step 6: In today’s competitive world, every score matters!! Thus along with the understanding part it is very important for the students to keep in mind the scoring aspects of the subject. Usually, the formulas, equations, terms and the quotations hold the scope of providing that extra score to the students. Therefore, it is recommended to write the important formulas, equations and quotations beforehand so that none of the scoring aspects are missed on in the hurry to complete the paper.
Finally, it may be concluded that, the anxiety tick point on receiving the question paper during all examinations is common, whether it be the school exams, CBSE, ICSE or any other state board exams. Hence, an effective strategy to pacify the effect becomes very critical. Once when we train our mind according to the prescribed aspects, it prepares the students with the essential exam writing skills and techniques which in turn helps in concluding the exam in the most appropriate way.
Hopefully, the above mentioned step wise strategies will tone down the anxiety levels while attempting the examination and facilitate the aspiring students to reach to their desired goal.