12th Board exams are an important part of students' lives. The marks obtained in the board exam decide the college in which one can study. In class 12 the syllabus of each and every subject increases vastly and it is difficult to cover up every point. In English also the syllabus is vast and students find it difficult to score well in it. With some basic tips and tricks along with practice, one can easily score well in English.
Here are some of the tips :
- Staying Updated with the syllabus- staying updated with the syllabus and knowing the question pattern will help the student to study in an organized way and score better eventually.
- Daily study- If one studies English for at least an hour every day without fail, they are bound to get good marks. Hard work and perseverance always give fruits back in return.
- Solving previous year's question paper - Solving previous years' question papers is a must for the appearing students. This will help them to understand the difficulty level and will get accustomed to the board's question pattern. They will also get to know the sections that carry the highest marks in the paper. Hence, students have to practice previous years' question papers and sample papers to get a good idea of it.
- Know the pattern of the exam - Students should know about their question paper's pattern. They will get to know about their marks division in their question paper. This will help them to study systematically and strategically.
- Right Books - The books one chooses to study also determines one's result. Students should get the right book to score good marks in the board exam. For the preparation for the exam, students must have NCERT books for class 12 English. They should refer to some books for better understanding. For the language part, studying from the same book will help a lot. Books students can refer to - 1. Wren and Martin High School Grammar, 2. Flamingo, 3. Language Skills Book for class 12 English Elective published by CBSE, Delhi.
- Answer the questions in your own way - For the literature part, students should answer the questions from their own point of view and according to the context. This will help them to fetch good marks. Students must be well familiarized with the text. They should also read storybooks and novels of their own interests to improve their vocabulary and writing.
- Know how to manage your time - The paper is very lengthy. So, time management is very important. Students are given 15 mins for their reading time. For the first 10 minutes, students must read the 'Reading Section' in the question paper to understand the grammatical questions and passages well. For the next 5 minutes, students should read the questions in the literature section. It will help them to manage their time effectively for the board exam.
Scoring good marks in English is not as tough as it seems. All you need is to practice a lot and you have to develop some basic habits. Have a regular habit of studying English newspapers and follow the above tips.